abandoned/vacant property - Posted by Joseph-CA

Posted by Joseph-CA on July 25, 2007 at 22:33:03:

BTI
This is exactly what I thought about properties with code enforcement in Ca is public information. I thought about telling the code enforcement exactly what I do to fix up the problems/neighborhood. Any suggestions?

Joseph

abandoned/vacant property - Posted by Joseph-CA

Posted by Joseph-CA on July 24, 2007 at 17:11:46:

Hi

I’ve been driving around looking for abandoned/vacant properties. However, I am not having too much luck… Does anyone know the leads to finding abandoned or vacant properties in any neighborhood? Thanks for your info…

Joseph

Re: abandoned/vacant property - Posted by StevenS(CPA)

Posted by StevenS(CPA) on July 24, 2007 at 20:01:33:

I’m assuming you’re in CA (I am too). It all depends on where you’re looking. If you’re driving around in the suburbs, you’re not going to find many, if any at all.

Driving around in lower class areas you will see more.

Also, talk to someone from code enforcements office, they would have a list of properties that have problems.

Hope this helps

Re: abandoned/vacant property - Posted by Joseph-CA

Posted by Joseph-CA on July 24, 2007 at 23:02:00:

Thanks for the info…
Yes, I am in southern california. And I tried to talk to code enforcement office. But they say that they cant release the list of problem properties due to privacy…I didnt understand that, I thought they want the problem properties taken care of…

by the way, is such information recorded in the county recorder office? Thanks…

Joseph

Re: abandoned/vacant property - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on July 25, 2007 at 09:40:03:

I also thought that properties with code enforcement issues were a matter of public record. I was recently told (by code enforcement) that their open cases were considered on going criminal investigations and the info couldn’t be released to the public. They do offer a list of condemned properties, but that’s it.

–Natalie

Re: abandoned/vacant property - Posted by BTI

Posted by BTI on July 25, 2007 at 08:56:25:

Joseph

Properties cited for code violations in California is public information and you just got hold of a feather-bedding public servant that doesn’t want to serve.

BTI