ABCs of Subject To - $697 ?!?! - Posted by Mike Barrera

Posted by Terry (Houston) on September 10, 2003 at 07:51:09:

You bet. And the post above that says they had the forms redone by their attorney. Bill is an attorney.

There were some minor things that my attorney changed to be Texas specific, but not much.

Terry (Houston)

ABCs of Subject To - $697 ?!?! - Posted by Mike Barrera

Posted by Mike Barrera on September 09, 2003 at 11:05:38:

I was quite surprised to see that the ABCs of Subject To course people talk about is $697. Isn’t that a bit much? Who knows maybe I’m just cheap. Maybe after I do my first deal, but for now I’m not sure I want to spend quite that much. Can anyone recommend another “good” subject to course that is more reasonably priced?

Re: ABCs of Subject To - $697 ?!?! - Posted by Stewart

Posted by Stewart on September 09, 2003 at 22:23:05:

I bought the course but had a $100 off coupon. That was because you can buy the overview for $97 I think as an ebook and then get that coupon to use. The full course is very detailed and has everything you need for the buy side, but can’t comment on other courses, however I reccomend this one. Bob Meister has been very good about answering my questions and I have asked a lot of them. I had the forms redone by a lawyer and that is all I am waiting on to get going. Of course, if all you want is an overview, just do lots of reading here. I did not buy the EZ Lease to Own course, that was a lot to me but I bought Bill Brochich’s instead for $397. You do need both ends and Bill’s has been very good.

Re: Bronchick’s Alt. RE Financing Course… - Posted by Marc NJ

Posted by Marc NJ on September 09, 2003 at 21:35:02:

will teach you what you need to do a sub 2 deal. Its $395.00 which is about half the price, and the info is enough to teach the techniques of the deal.
You will find that the ABC’s will tell you that you’ll find sellers to give you large amounts of maoney to take over someone mortgage, I have found that this is not true in my market.
I have closed on 5 Sub 2 deals in 18 months and made some nice profits on some, and the course I used was Bronchick’s.
Good luck,
Marc
Statewide Porperty Solutions llc
Manahawkin, NJ

Re: ABCs of Subject To - $697 ?!?! - Posted by Ron (MD)

Posted by Ron (MD) on September 09, 2003 at 17:30:39:

Mike,

I bought the course a couple years ago.

It is very detailed and very clear.

The drawbacks I saw were that this $700 course deals just with buying…it virtually ignores selling them once you’ve got 'em. Also, I agree that the price is high. (What bothered me was that they have said that they wrote the course to “give something back”…then they priced it above 'most anything else out there.)

So, if you want to learn how to buy and sell, you have to buy two of their courses.

Ron Guy

Re: ABCs of Subject To - $697 ?!?! - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on September 09, 2003 at 11:25:42:

I just spent $1267 for their Big Kahuna as I am getting ready to close on a sub2 that my lawyer didn’t want to do. He didn’t understand it, I was willing to teach him, he just didn’t want to know. Needless to say, I fired my lawyer and bought the course, I’ll do it myself. Do yourself a huge favor, DON’T BE A TIGHTWAD WITH REGARDS TO YOUR EDUCATION! I make it a point to set aside money from each transaction that is earmarked for education purposes. The more tools you have in your toolbox, the more money you will make.By the way, it’s worth every penny and I’ve only gotten through half of it.

Hope This Helps,
Barry (FL)

Re: ABCs of Subject To - $697 ?!?! - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on September 09, 2003 at 14:47:44:

I do have Bronchicks Alternative Financing course and it is great. It is what taught me the subject to way and I buy about 20 or so houses a year using his forms and methods.

I have learned from others as well but for a beginner learning it it super how in debth he goes.

Terry (Houston)

You’re preaching to the choir… - Posted by Mike Barrera

Posted by Mike Barrera on September 09, 2003 at 12:41:02:

I’m with you Barry … I’ve spent over $10,000 on educational materials over the past 5 years. I’m just looking for a overview type course to learn the basics of Subject 2 and $700 is a bit much in my opinion. 98% of the other materials I’ve bought are either books or courses in the $30-$300 range. I think the average course is in the $100-300 range so I was just a little surprised that the ABC course is $700, and I’m assuming it’s not the basic overview course that I’m looking for. That’s why I asked if there are any other such courses that might be more what I’m looking for. Thanks!

Re: ABCs of Subject To - $697 ?!?! - Posted by Gerald-DC

Posted by Gerald-DC on September 10, 2003 at 24:46:48:

Hey Terry,

Remember the long “discussion” we had about the price of this course a couple of years ago?

I agree with you that Bronchick’s Alternative Real Estate Financing is great. He has the best forms that I have seen yet.

Re: You’re preaching to the choir… - Posted by TAT

Posted by TAT on September 09, 2003 at 23:49:54:

mike,
Its worth every penny. Its probably the most detailed course on the market with regards to sub2. Buy it I, did and made me countless back. Plus I think they have a refund policy. youll thank me later!

TAT

Re: You’re preaching to the choir… - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on September 09, 2003 at 14:49:01:

See my post at http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/88329.html

Sorry,
Terry

This might help - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on September 09, 2003 at 13:42:37:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=real+estate+subject+to+existing+financing&spell=1

Re: You’re preaching to the choir… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on September 09, 2003 at 13:33:55:

Alternative Real Estate Financing by Bronchick has sub2 materials and it’s $397 here. I personally don’t have this but his L/O stuff is good.