About Karp - Posted by Redline

Posted by DanM(OR) on April 21, 1999 at 10:05:20:

you can email me.

Dan Matejsek, President
Karl Hartley Fan Club

About Karp - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on April 20, 1999 at 15:41:13:

Some of you know Karp and what I’m about to say is no surprise, but I just wanted to let everyone else know:

More than once (as recently as yesterday) I’ve phoned Karp at all kinds of hours for help or for some paperwork that I needed (as some of you know, Karp is a mortgage guy) and he’s always been there and always helped me out pronto. He’s a wealth of information and he makes himself available which is really cool. This business needs more people like Karp. (And another guy by the name of “Piper”!)

I just wanted to publicly thank Karp for all his help. Now maybe someday when I get my “house” in order - I’ll be thanking him for helping me make millions!

RL

PS - Karp is also pretty good at locating lost people at conventions. :wink:

Re: About Karp - Posted by Rodney Mullins

Posted by Rodney Mullins on April 20, 1999 at 21:39:30:

I second that. A few weeks ago, I sent a private Email to Karp asking his advice on a particular subject that I had determined he had some personal experience with. I expected an Email response. Instead, I got an invitation to call him at home to discuss it. Which I did, because he gave me his home phone number! We spent about 40 minutes on the phone. During the conversation, he not only candidly answered my questions, saving me $2500 (Thanks!), but also shared insights into his thinking within the arena of so-called “creative REI”. As a newbie, if you will, I was often speechless during our conversation. This was because his approach was so innovative. He has a technique that stimulates creative thought that is similar to some problem-solving methods that I have been exposed to in my day job as a Production Control (mfg) professional, but it was intriguing how quickly he got to the heart of a problem and developed creative solutions to it. All in response to questions that he asked me. New possibilities arrived at “on-the-fly”, so to speak. Very impressive! I’m not trying to start a fan club, but I was sufficiently impressed, and thankful, that I thought that I would comment on this thread.

Rodney