Accounting Software... Any Suggestions? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Bob Hanson on February 10, 2000 at 23:30:37:

Thanks guys for your help, hopefully I’ll get a chance to meet you at the conference in a few weeks

Accounting Software… Any Suggestions? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 07, 2000 at 16:51:25:

Does anyone out there have any recommendations on accounting software packages? I have one rental condo and have just started a mobile home buying/sales/finance company. How do I keep my books straight?

Thanks for the help,

Chris

Re: Accounting Software… Any Suggestions? - Posted by Richard Bleuze

Posted by Richard Bleuze on February 07, 2000 at 19:43:01:

I use QuickBooks and I think that it’s great. I have a real estate brokerage office and I own 27 rental buildings.

Re: Accounting Software… Any Suggestions? - Posted by Bob Hanson

Posted by Bob Hanson on February 08, 2000 at 21:19:33:

Richard,
I have been using Quicken, but feel the reporting is limited. I have heard some positive things about QUICKBOOKS, do you have a template that you use for Quickbooks or know if there is any place, web site etc. that might have something like that set up. I’d like to avoid the learning curve and reinventing the wheel if I can. Did you find any difficulties in getting your system set up ? Thanks for sharing your expertise !!!

Bob Hanson, Hyde Park NY

Re: Accounting Software… Any Suggestions? - Posted by Mark(WA)

Posted by Mark(WA) on February 09, 2000 at 04:26:46:

Bob-- I got a free sample of Quickbooks in the mail. I ordered it online. It works quite well. You can tailor it to your business. One entry accounting, including check-printing, if you go that route. Check it out. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to buy it. You can initialize some or all of your accounts for up to 25 sessions(or some number around that); convert that data to permanent if you decide to buy.
Good luck

Re: Accounting Software… Any Suggestions? - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on February 08, 2000 at 22:08:42:

Check this out:

http://www.istfp.com/stores/yeiter/Item2.asp?ID=2993&CatID=198&Type=291

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Accounting Software… Any Suggestions? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on February 14, 2000 at 17:09:12:

Jim,

When Yeider was here in Dallas and I talked to him he did not feel I needed his software. I recently had a further discussion with an EA that has his software. I use customer and jobs to classify the investments. She felt this was sufficient. If I were buying and selling 4 or 5 a month then the use of his software and setting up classes would be appropriate.