Acronym LLC - Posted by Scott

Posted by Road Runner on January 19, 2001 at 21:36:33:

Hey there Brian, maybe you just made a typo-mistake but you used the word “corporation.” LLC stands for Limited Liability Company. It “IS NOT” in any way considered a corporation by law. Although it has certain characteristics of a corporation.

Acronym LLC - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on January 19, 2001 at 15:23:21:

Real Estate investing is new to me. I have been having an enjoyable time studying the many aspects of being a real estate investor and making the right kind of deals. I am also still increasing my understanding of the REI language. Can anyone tell me what the acronym L L C stands for? I’ve ran across this a few times now While reading some articles in the “Legal Corner.”

Thank You.

Re: Acronym LLC - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on January 19, 2001 at 16:06:45:

You state that you are seeking to increase your understanding of the REI language. Since understanding encompasses correct usage, permit me to correct your use of the term “Acronym” completely within the spirit of the objective stated in your post.

An acronym is an abbreviation that itself is pronounced and used as a word. Examples are SCUBA and LASER. LLC is simply an abbreviation – it is not pronounced as a word, and therefore, not an acronym.

Re: Limited Liability Company (not corp) nt - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on January 19, 2001 at 15:50:46:

Re: Acronym LLC - Posted by Brian W(IL)

Posted by Brian W(IL) on January 19, 2001 at 15:25:59:

Scott, it stands for:

Limited Liability Corporation