Ad impaired, need more help! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 15, 2003 at 01:16:25:

I do really well at “expanding”, or expounding, or even exciting, folks about a home once I am visiting witht them! (I am a salesman by trade) I also studied journalism in college. Durn good thing I wasnt going to be an ad writer!
Thanks,
Philip

Ad impaired, need more help! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 14, 2003 at 17:06:59:

You all did so good helping me sell my tiny, older mh that I thought I would ask for help in another semi-specialty area. Land/home. I am wanting to rent -to -own the mh and plain old rent the land.

People in this particular area are paying between 325-450 per month. Most deposits range from $500.00-$1,000.00 for rent to own homes.
I want to stress the 1 acre of space (room for a family), and tell them the short length of time in which they could own the home. I will need to let them know that they are only renting the land.
Any help appreciated,
Philip

Re: Ad impaired, need more help! - Posted by Rod - Mo

Posted by Rod - Mo on September 14, 2003 at 19:10:00:

Philip,
Is the MH titled?

If your area has leash laws, a good fence helps.

Dogs welcome! 1901 Majestic Home, 13 BR, 14 BA, on 1 AC M/L rented lot. Super terms. Call Prince Philip for details.

Quiet neighborhood! Close enough to shopping, far enough from the city. 1901 Majestic Home on 1 AC rented lot.

1901 Majestic Home for rent or rent to own. On 1 AC rented lot. Deposit, credit and background check required.

1 Great Opportunity for a young family. 1901 Majestic Home, possible ownership of MH with 3 years perfect rental payments. On 1 AC rented lot. Call for details.

Bait em, hook em, and reel em in. Catch their eye, tickle their fancy, and sign the lease.

Don’t forget to ad keys as per Doc’s advice.

Best of luck
Rod

Are you the pro ad writer? - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 14, 2003 at 21:00:42:

Thanks for all the great suggestions!
Philip

Re: Are you the pro ad writer? - Posted by Rod - Mo

Posted by Rod - Mo on September 14, 2003 at 21:29:43:

Philip,
No, I am a software developer by trade, but I study people all the time. Question: how may people make major purchases by analysis?

Try this some time: ‘watch’ TV with your back to the set. Does what you hear create an image in your mind? How vivid is that image? Do the images the commercials create appeal to you? Doc suggested in another post that the leader on an ad must draw the reader in. That mental image is what creates the interest. If it gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling, you’re already baited and hooked.

Once you get them on the phone, expand on that mental image. And when you show it, continue on the same track. If they responded to a ‘quite neighborhood’ ad, don’t time the showing when the train is due to pass through, etc., etc.

Best of luck
Rod