Ads in local Real Estate Books? - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by M on August 07, 2003 at 22:51:09:

If you have $400 you can play around with, just give it a try. Whenever people call, ask them where they heard about you. If you get a lot of leads then great, stick with it. This of it as an investment in and of itself. That $400’s of advertising capital could land you a few $10,000 deals.

Ads in local Real Estate Books? - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by Tyrone on August 07, 2003 at 21:46:48:

Has anyone had any success using ads in local real estate books to locate motivated sellers?

In my town we have 4 large publications dedicated to real estate.

You can get a full page ad for less than $400 in 3 of the RE pubs and $650 in the 4th RE pub.

Re: Ads in local Real Estate Books? - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on August 08, 2003 at 16:23:30:

I haven’t tried it, but I have thought about it, on the theory that, when someone first considers selling their house, the first thing they do is look in the Sunday classifieds, and in those books, to “see what other houses are going for.” This usually leads to an unrealistic expectation of market value, but it is where their eyes are, which is what you want to be in front of.

I’m currently reading a pretty good book called “Real Estate RainMaker”. It’s geared towards agents, but the whole idea is to market for leads, then capture those leads in a database, and consistently follow-up. Nothing revolutionary there, but very few people do it anyway - kind of like “knowing” the “secret” to losing weight is to eat less, and exercise more. It’s not a secret, everyone knows it - but no one ever does it. Anyway, one of the things they mention in the book is the different phases in a prospect decision cycle. This kind of marketing will capture a prospect fairly early in the decision-making process, i.e., before they have selected an option or agent to work with. The reason I mention all this is because, it could be a viable source of leads, but they will be early in the cycle, may have a long conversion time, and much of the effectiveness of this type of marketing will be dependent on the diligence of your followup.