Advertising for investors John,Michael,David A - Posted by bwhite-tn

Posted by John Behle on May 16, 2000 at 20:18:28:

Check for nearby apartment associations and real estate exchange groups. The Exchange group listings can be found at www.infoville.com. That is the website for the National Council of Exchangors.

Advertising for investors John,Michael,David A - Posted by bwhite-tn

Posted by bwhite-tn on May 10, 2000 at 19:02:12:

Can you point me in the right legal direction about this?
Seems like I read that it would be against SEC regs to advertise for investors.
Are there any good ways to attract investors beyond personal contacts?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Bobby

Re: Advertising for investors John,Michael,David A - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 16, 2000 at 19:11:59:

Bottom line is most forms of advertising for investors do trip over SEC regs. As long as you are networking with people one on one, dealing with people that contact you (heard you invest) or deal with institutions or wealthy individuals, you will probably be ok.

SEC laws are geared to protect “widows and orphans”. They have exemptions for institutions and wealthy investors. The assumption is they know what they are doing and do not need to be protected. Networking with and through REI groups is an excellent source.

There is not only money there - but equity also. Keep in mind that there are many investors that are equity rich and cash flow poor. You can show them how they could increase their cash flow dramatically through borrowing some of the equity out and investing in notes. There have been many posts and questions in the past related to funding notes that are indexed at: Posts archive under “funding”.

Re: Advertising for investors John,Michael,David A - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on May 15, 2000 at 11:00:38:

You can put a note up for sale, but beyond that I generally dont know the regs, except that I solicit from personal contacts. Havent had any run ins with SEC and dont want any.

David Alexander

Re: Advertising for investors John,Michael,David A - Posted by bwhite-tn

Posted by bwhite-tn on May 16, 2000 at 20:15:07:

John,
Thanks for the informative reply.
As I noted there is not a REI group within 150 miles.
I will just have to work on changing my circle of influential contacts.

Bobby

Re: Advertising for investors John,Michael,David A - Posted by bwhite-tn

Posted by bwhite-tn on May 15, 2000 at 18:57:26:

Thanks David, I guess I will have to develop a whole new set of aquaintenances. Everyone I know now is more broke than I am, which isn’t saying much.

Bobby