Advertising lonnie deals out of town - Posted by BamaRoy

Posted by BamaRoy on May 08, 2009 at 10:56:56:

Great idea. I have people on the ground that could do the leg work. ie pictures. I can negotiate the deal. It just pains me to pay to have them moved… But, it is the only way I know to grow the park in the current environment. I just have not had the luck with move-in lot rents. I currently own every mobile in the park. Thanks for your comments. I own the park in a very passive capacity. I have owned it for 5 years now. Finaly have it clipping along covering debt service and cash flowing close to $1,000 per month. With 30 acres of additional property to expand into, I have options. In the last 30 days I had 3 mobiles turn over and released each one of them off of a waiting list. Have the demand. Need to grow.

Advertising lonnie deals out of town - Posted by BamaRoy

Posted by BamaRoy on May 07, 2009 at 11:37:14:

I own a small park about 200 miles away. I have a great management company that rents and collects rent for me. Advertising $50 a month on a cable billboard channel, we are able to stay 100% occupied for the most part. In an effort to grow the park, I am going to try to do some "we pay cash fast for used mobile homes. 2 part question. Any ideas on the best copy for this advertising? Secondly, are these folks going to call an out of town long distance number?? Seems like you need to have hoofs on the ground to do these kinds of deals…

Re: Advertising lonnie deals out of town - Posted by Dr. B. (OH)

Posted by Dr. B. (OH) on May 07, 2009 at 16:00:40:

Roy,

On your second question: I have seen it recommended that you buy, rent, get a cel phone for a short period from that area, with a local number. Probably one of those prepaid cricket phones. Thus sellers are more likely to call you. Just schedule appointments for the next day or so because you are “rather busy”, not because you live so far away. Have the seller e-mail you a picture if you can, beats wasting the drive. Can your manager do a driveby & take a picture?

Steve