Advertising phone # - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on June 07, 2006 at 16:56:01:

I had researched the 800#'s and some of them will actually forward the calls to you like you mentioned. They are inexpensive so I guess I could go that route, it gives the person the option of the recorded message or talking directly with someone (me of course). One issue I had is it takes them weeks to set it up and I don’t want to wait, I’ve been planning for 2-3 weeks already and want to get going. Anyone had an idea on what is the best message to put on voicemail for sellers? The other benefit of the toll free #'s I forgot to mention is they have unblockable caller ID.

Advertising phone # - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on June 07, 2006 at 14:26:58:

Wasn’t sure how to title this question. I’m looking to start advertising immediately, but can’t decide wether to set up an 800 number or just get a cell phone and go that route? Would I be better off answering the calls, or letting them go to voice mail of an 800 # or even regular voice mail? I know some people are more likely to call if it is a “free recorded message” If I should let it go to voice mail, can you recomend a special message? Thanks.

One more thing, if you recomend 800 #, can you recomend a company?

Another Thought - Posted by Clint

Posted by Clint on June 07, 2006 at 19:28:30:

Think globally, act globally.

People want a ‘local number’ it is to your advantage, and you know what, answer the phone, yourself, if you don’t your competitor will, and you can spen the four minutes pre screening them yourself, to find out their motivation. Remember, motivated sellers want to talk, and tell, not listen to your whiz bang one size fits all three event solutions. Taylor your call accordingly. Good luck
Clint

Re: Advertising phone # - Posted by Luke Hoppel

Posted by Luke Hoppel on June 07, 2006 at 15:40:36:

Great question Lee! That’s actually one I’ve been thinking about lately.
There’s two confilicting points here:

1. People probably would be quicker to call a pre-recorded message.
  2. People are so sick of hearing recordings, they want to actually talk to someone.

I think if you are starting off then answer your calls directly. You will learn a lot and you have the opportunity to sell the potential buyers vs having a recording do that.
On the other hand if you advertising for something a little more complicated like L/O’s or Sub2’s then you don’t want to be answering a bunch of calls asking you to explain what you do.

Here’s a strategy that I’m pretty sure I’m going to use:
Have the advertising say it goes to a pre-recorded message, then when they call have the first option be something along the lines of “thanks for calling Lee investments, we have pre-recorded a short 4 minute message to explain how our amazing system works. If at anytime you would like to talk to an actuall person please press “3”. Due to the high demand of calls, if you have questions regarding the program please listen to our short 4 minute recording which will answer most of your questions.” Then it goes straight to the recording.
I think this is a good way to do it. The only and most important think I’m not sure of is if a voicemail service can do that. I’m about 80% sure they can forward calls but I’m not positive.
As far as recommendations, I have used freedomvoicemail.com and I was very happy. They actually email the voicemails to you so you just open your inbox and there are all the messages left by potetential clients.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck,
Luke

Re: Another Thought - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on June 08, 2006 at 12:48:31:

NEVER allow a seller to go to voice mail! If you spend all that money on trying to get calls, then why don’t you talk to them? Seems like a waste. My ads always have my cell #, which is always on me at all times. I answer my cell phone all the time. People may listen to voice mail, but more often than not, they will hang up before they leave their info.

You may be nervous to start answering calls directly at first, as I was. But after a few calls, it becomes fun. I can control my situation pretty easily now, and I like to talk to people. I don’t want to be behind the scenes, only calling them back when I’m good & ready. Also, I am one of 3 ads in my local paper, and the other 2 say "leave a message:. guess who they call? ME!

Re: Another Thought - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on June 07, 2006 at 19:32:00:

You know what, that makes sense to me. I will start off with that route and see what happens. thanks.