Advertising RENT TO OWN - Posted by Dave in PA

Posted by Dave in PA on May 04, 2007 at 19:01:22:

Thanks…

Advertising RENT TO OWN - Posted by Dave in PA

Posted by Dave in PA on May 04, 2007 at 15:06:10:

How much or how little do you put in your ad? Do you save all the details for the voicemail message? Give me your ideas.

Re: Advertising RENT TO OWN-No - Posted by Jack E

Posted by Jack E on May 08, 2007 at 17:47:02:

In my state I would not advertise anything RENT TO OWN. Lease and option to purchase yes, but “rent” to own has the connotation that the renter has a vested interest in the property. With a lease and a separate option to purchase, he does not. I would not like to put myself in that position where the renter can come back in court and possibly get a judgement that may cost me money.

Re: Advertising RENT TO OWN - Posted by Dave in PA

Posted by Dave in PA on May 05, 2007 at 10:43:15:

Thanks again for the replies. Anyone have any luck using Craigslist?

Re: Advertising RENT TO OWN - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on May 04, 2007 at 23:44:23:

Area, Rent to Own. Bad Credit Ok. $xxxx down. Call blah blah

or

Area, Rent to Own. Bad Credit Ok. Low downpayment. Call blah blah

Carey_PA

Re: Advertising RENT TO OWN - Posted by LK

Posted by LK on May 04, 2007 at 17:09:45:

It’s according to how much money you want to spend on the ad. My reason for a shorter ad is cost. Its not feasible to run a $300 ad for a $500/mo rental. The purpose of a very brief newspaper ad is to get people to call and then you can try and sell (or rent) them anything you want to. The reason for putting more information can be to actually get fewer people to call by giving them infromation in advance that may rule out the particular property for certain people.

I actually get a better response from yard signs than newspaper ads for rentals.

Re: Advertising RENT TO OWN - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on May 06, 2007 at 14:01:34:

I’ve used craigslist successfully on a rental.

I haven’t had any luck on sales though.

–Natalie