Advertising that Gets The phone Ring - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by wally on April 10, 2000 at 22:27:03:

could we please get the other two ads? and how often do you rotate them?

Advertising that Gets The phone Ring - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 10, 2000 at 11:39:11:

I just thought I would ad a little post this afternoon on some results that I have beed Getting on the Classiied adds that I have been running.

Here is one that I have been running for a while:
TONS OF CALLS NOT QUALITY

OWNER FINANCE
Two and Three Bedroom homes
Any Area, Problem Credit OK!
(561)569-4087

I Changed my ad to say this:
OWNER FINANCE
Two and Three Bedroom Homes
Any area, Some Positive Credit Required!
(561) 569-4087

Response to phone calls dropped 50% with changing the verbage, but i think I get a better quality caller.

I had been averaging about 30-40 calls a week with the first add.

Has anyone had any type of results? I have 6 homes that I need to get rid of. THERE EMPTY…lol

Jonathan Rexford
Builder/Mortgage Broker
Rexford Incorporated
P. O. Box 650099
Vero Beach, Florida 32965
Office (561) 569-4087
Fax (561) 569-0279
Cell (561) 532-0029
Pager (561)458-5658

Re: Advertising that Gets The phone Ring - Posted by Zee

Posted by Zee on April 12, 2000 at 04:33:01:

FWIW,

I just sold a car on eBay. Had to list it twice, because the high bidder on the first auction couldn’t be found.

On the first acution, I showed photos and text of the nicest points about the car. Got a good number of bidders, but, most were bidding very low on my “No Reserve” acution.

With my relisting, I also showed and talked up the car’s good points. This time, though, I also showed photos of its flaws, and discussed them in the text – even to the point of indicating repair estimates.

I began the bidding where the first suction had left off (highest bid)

This second aution received fewer bidders. But, it attracted one very motivated bidder who eventually bought the car for 46% more than the highest bid of the first go-round.

Honesty pays?

Re: Advertising that Gets The phone Ring - Posted by Ben in Ohio

Posted by Ben in Ohio on April 11, 2000 at 07:34:16:

Hi Jon–

If you have a 2/3 BR in good shape and it’s ready to rent I may be interested. Are you on deed? If the deal will allow positive cash flow, owner finance, no down. Hey, at least you will get something, right!

Re: Advertising that Gets The phone Ring - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on April 10, 2000 at 17:23:56:

Jonathan,
I may try your revised version. We have 4 available and another soon to be. We used “bad credit okay” and are getting 30 calls a day plus 5 forms a day from our website! That’s too many to return contact with the limited time we have. However, what a frenzy we may have at our open houses next weekend. Now, I just gotta go find houses for all these folks. I would imagine those 6 houses will go quick. Once you get the verbiage refined to produce decent quantity AND quality, please share and I’ll do the same. Thanks…

Re: Advertising that Gets The phone Ring - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on April 10, 2000 at 15:17:17:

How about some ideas for getting SELLERS to call. My classifieds have not been pulling for 3-4 months now, and I’ve been trying different headlines etc… any suggestions? Thanks

Re: Advertising that Gets The phone Ring - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 11, 2000 at 08:30:28:

THIS IS NOT MENT FOR ADVERTISEMENT JUST A RESPONSE TO HIS POST.

Ben,
Got plenty of properties as far as being on the deed yes I am not interested of being a landlord again. As fars as doing wraps on any of the properties cannot do that have constructions lines in place. If you want a Mortgage or do a Note type transcation I would be intersted. But you do need CASH for these. As far as cash flow for rental some will an some won’t. here are the properties I know you know ther area

4 Town house Units in Timber Ridge $165K each
4 SFR 3/2/2 Stevens Park $92,900 each
3/2 1616 30th ave carport city location $62K
2/2/1 Dixie Heights $68K I will do a wrap I have it rented right now for 750 per month
2/2 Dixie Heights $55K I am closing today
Several Commercial Buildings from $235K-475K
3.17 acres of Industrial Property $390K

These are the properties that I currently have for Sale I am not desperate but all require some CASH.

Ben, if you want to talk to me please call me or email me about the specifics if you are at all intersted.

Jonathan Rexford
Builder/Mortgage Broker
Rexford Incorporated
P. O. Box 650099
Office (561) 569-4087
Fax (561) 569-0279
Cell (561) 532-0029
Pager (561)458-5658

After getting tons of email I dicided to to post the ads that I am Using to BUY AND SELL - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 12, 2000 at 09:44:00:

Adds to BUY
I rotate my adds on a three week cycle so here it goes:

TITLE LINE BIG AND BOLD: SELL YOUR HOUSE IN 24HRS
REGULAR TEXT: We need houses any condition! any area! If your home qualifies we will give you a offer and close FAST.
SINGLE LINE TELEPHONE # BIG AND BOLD CALL 555-5555

AD 2

TITLE TEXT BIG BOLD AND UNDERLINED: BAD HOUSE?
REGULAR TEXT: Foreclosure? Bad Tenant? Transfereed? Judgements? Behind on Payments? Lost Job? Debt Relief? Home need Repair? Tax Liens? Divorce? THERE COULD BE ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS.
CALL 555-5555

AD 3

ALL CAPS BIG BOLD LETTERS (THIS ADD IS WORTH MILLIONS)

WE BUY YOUR PROBLEMS/HEADACHES GET PAID NOW

CALL 555-5555

The whole Idea is to get to the real reason why they need to sell if its a FSBO they are trying to save the commission or get out of some type of problem. I rotate the ads because I get the same callers calling me back three to four weeks later. different ad they call that tells me that they are a little more motaivated than they were before.

Adds to sell

Here is one that I am using to sell a specific property:

OWNER FINANCE
FOUR NEW HOMES UNDER CONSTRUCTION, PICK YOUR COLORS NOW
3/2/2 CBS home split plan Front Porch, Back Porch
$4645 Down 1st $908.58 PI 2nd $50.48 w/balloon 12.75%

I hope this helps if you would like to talk to me please feel free to give me a call.

Jonathan Rexford
Mortgage Broker/Builder
Rexford Incorporated
P. O. Box 650099
Office (561) 569-4087
Fax (561) 569-0279
Cell (561) 532-0029
Pager (561)458-5658

Re: Advertising that Gets The phone Ring - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 10, 2000 at 18:10:52:

I BUY HOUSES FOR CASH…been There don that

I rotate 3 adds here is one

BIG BOLD LETTERS: SELL YOUR HOUSE IN 24HRS

regular text: If your house qualifys we will buy your home in 24hrs.

BIG TEXT CALL 555-5555

I run my adds on a three week cycle you would be suprise that you get the same caller calling you 3-6 weeks later… that is what delivers Motavation

Just an Idea
Jonathan Rexford
Builder/ Mortgage Broker
Rexford Incorporated