advice on getting title in my name - Posted by mark

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on September 14, 2003 at 16:15:11:

Why nbot drop a dime and call the lender and ask?

I don’t know of any reason why your way wouldn’t work too.

The big problem is to get the seller to sign, not how the paperwork will flow. I would just have the seller sign a paper assigning all right, title, and interest to me, if you don’t have time to do any of the things below.

Why not stop by your local DMV or other agency that handles mobile home title transfers and ask what would be the proper proceedure in this case, in your state.

Super deal, act quickly, but don’t sound too anxious.

Learn for yourself how hard it is to act casual when someone is just about to give you $13,000.

Don’t drink too many liquids. :~)

Regards, doc

advice on getting title in my name - Posted by mark

Posted by mark on September 14, 2003 at 15:52:38:

I have the opportunity to buy a '96 DW for the payoff, $3200. Any advice on how to make sure I get the title once I send the check to the lender? I know it will come back to the current owner. I was thinking of having the current owner sign a POA enabling me to sign it over to myself, and having the lender mail title to the current address. Any better ways of doing this? Seller will be leaving town soon.

Haven’t seen the inside. Seller describes it as having all tile floors, upgrades, etc… I was thinking of selling for around $16,500. How much would it go for in your market? I’m in metro Atlanta.

Re: advice on getting title in my name - Posted by Dan - GA

Posted by Dan - GA on September 14, 2003 at 22:22:03:

Mark:
The buyer should have the title with the bank listed on it as the leinholder. Or the bank may have it “for safe keeping” Either way, the bank should release the title to you if the seller goes in at payoff and signs the back selling it to you. You then go to the county DMV office to get a new title in your name, it’s very similar to the car procedure.

Can the house stay where it is or does it need to move?
If it needs to move, that house on it’s own land in middle GA could bring 45-65K, depending on size and condition, on subdivided land that starts at 10-12k. If you’re interested, email me.
Dan