ADVISE PLEASE !!! - Posted by joe

Posted by Mike on March 20, 2002 at 22:33:50:

First of all if you have never been self employed then read rich dad poor dad, then start educating yourself. Don’t be quick to put a loan in your name, with inexperience that one can bite you in the butt. Start buy readign courses, the one you are reading might be a bit advanced. try some basic rehab books, and lease option stuff. Ron Legrand has a great book you can get at any book store, and so does carlton sheets. There are also alot of websites out there that have good information and courses you can buy. I cannot stress enough education is king. I have been a full tiem investor now for 5 years and I still pay for education.

ADVISE PLEASE !!! - Posted by joe

Posted by joe on March 20, 2002 at 19:49:48:

i am thinking about getting into real estate investing after finding this interesting websight ( CREOnline ) and reading all that ( confusing to me ) information. I am a homeowner so real estate is not a total mystery. I recently lost my 50k a year job and now working only part-time with only a few thousand in the bank. My credit score is 800. I am trying to figure out what would be the best place to start, flipping?,or foreclosures ? lease options? I’m thinking about getting Joe Kaisers material on mechanics liens. ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. By the way,i live in the chicago area if that matters.thank you.