advise - Posted by Mike

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on June 01, 1999 at 22:30:57:

Mike,

You’ll get a better response to this if you post it on the other newsgroup. In addition, I posted a response to this question when you asked it earlier.

Have you purchased a lease/option course? If not, again, I suggest that you get one ASAP. While I understand that you are new to investing, your question also indicates that you don’t have a lot of knowledge regarding investing. There are several good courses available here at CRE On-Line. Please see your other thread for the direct address.

You need to buy a course and read the “How To Articles” and “Success Stories” on lease/optioning. Without knowing more about your real estate market, you won’t be able to make reasonable offers and ask questions that will allow others to provide you with the help you’re seeking. You need to invest in some education, formal and local.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)

advise - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 01, 1999 at 19:53:41:

Hello to everyone,
I am presently in talks with a seller who owns
a $130,000 home and has 3brs. He advertised the property
in the classifieds by saying he would L/O the R/E . The
ad also said the financing is assumable.
I know I could go both directions with this
but because I am a newbie I am overloaded with information
I have not used as of yet. I am just seeking the advise from
anyone who would reply just to help me start off on the right foot. I would rather own the property right off but I
am not sure if a $130,000 house could be rented. In the town
where I live the average price of a home is around $100,000. I would think it was on the high side. Is this
correct? Also I asked the seller if he would grant me the
right to sublease and he said the terms would have to be more in his favor. Should I just try to assume it or L/O?