Affidavit update - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by Tarheel T on October 03, 2003 at 20:13:38:

Would it be possible to record it under the property owner’s (seller’s) name rather than yours? That way it would arise when the title search is done.
Just a thought.
TT

Affidavit update - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on October 03, 2003 at 12:09:26:

A few days ago I posted, that my affidavit was only recorded under my name, instead of also the seller’s name and the property address. Due to that the property was sold behind my back.

I talked to the supervisor af the recording Dept at the courthouse today. He told me, that an Affidavit is a ‘One person document’, meaning, that it would only be recorded under the filer’s name and nothing else.

Has anybody else heard of that? It seems, that everybody I know is recording affidavits, but what good are they, if they don’t put a cloud on the title?

Michaela

Re: Affidavit update - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on October 03, 2003 at 18:50:05:

>> It seems, that everybody I know is recording affidavits, but what good are they, if they don’t put a cloud on the title?<<

So file a memorandum, or a performance mortgage. Did you ask him while you had him what would have done the trick?

Re: Affidavit update - Posted by Michaela-ATL

Posted by Michaela-ATL on October 03, 2003 at 19:33:19:

Thanks, TOm,

actually, it was an ‘Affidavit and Memorandum’. I’m just so surprised, because everybody I know uses this. Even Bill Bronchick has one on his website.

Michaela