Agent will not give out blank contracts - Posted by Paul Belli (Stl MO)

Posted by Sandy FL on January 13, 1999 at 10:21:14:

Sure. Or ask other investors in your area if they have some.

In my area they even have Realtor Stores that sell all the contracts in triplicate, calculators, and professional looking signs I could buy. They never asked if I was a realtor or anything.

Sandy FL

Agent will not give out blank contracts - Posted by Paul Belli (Stl MO)

Posted by Paul Belli (Stl MO) on January 13, 1999 at 09:26:18:

I went to a local Realtor to pick up some blank contracts for use in purchasing a property down in the country where I have no Realtor contacts. The local Realtor said they (I spoke with two different people) couldn’t give me blank contracts. They didn’t give me much of a reason but it seemed that they were concerned that it kept them out of the loop. They didn’t seem like control freaks but it sounded like they only wanted to use their contracts for their clients and their deals.

They suggested I go to a local office supply store and pick some up. Does this sound right? Thanks!

Paul

Re: Agent will not give out blank contracts - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 13, 1999 at 22:25:59:

I am a realtor so I can say this. If a realtor gives you a contract, then it allows you to use their contract to buy or sell a property without using a realtor. In effect they get cut out of the loop.

Re: Agent will not give out blank contracts - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on January 13, 1999 at 10:22:00:

In our area Portland OR we can purchase the ones the realtors use from the “Real Estate Association” My suggestion would be to make friends with a broker and find out where they purchase theirs. Office supply generic types usually do not give you the protection needed in making an offer.
Pat