Agents - Posted by Greg

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on September 03, 2003 at 13:58:51:

Business is done in differing ways in different parts of the country. We do not know where you are, or what your qualifications are so it is impossible to give you an answer. As a matter of fact, from your post we do not even know what country you are in. The web, you know is world wide.

Agents - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on September 03, 2003 at 13:45:01:

Hello All

I have recently been offered a new position at work that is going to limit my time to function as a GC on my rehabs.

For the past two months I have been thinking about how I will mange two full time jobs. I am working on developing my rehab team but I still find myself running back and forth to the house for various reasons.

Therefore I have decided not to do any rehabbing (flipping) but instead look for a house that I can purchase, rehab and live in it for 4 or 5 yrs then sell it. I will not pay full price for a home.

I thought I found a good agent who understands investors. (She helped with my first flip.) She did send me a few homes off the MLS. When trying to get inside these homes she has come up with numerous excuses and reasons for not letting me inside. I call her back and then she says the home is on deposit.

I am not sure if she is really busy and has no time to take me to different homes? I will buy when the right one comes along. Is she not interested in working with me as an investor? Or Are there no homes out there?

What is the deal with agents? How can I put the ball in my court? Have others experienced such frustration? Do people have mulitiple agents? When do people contact their agents once a month/week etc?

Thank you

G

Re: Agents - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 03, 2003 at 15:12:37:

Greg---------------

Of course people work with more than one agent. If one is not performing satisfactory, start calling other ones. If you can, call directly some of the agents who have the listings of the properties for which you have information. Ask them to show you the property. Mention that you are working with an agent but she is “not available” to show the home to you now. Tell that you are serious buyer, looking for a h ome for yourself.

If one of the agents seems really on the ball, you might try to get them to look for other properties for you.

How often to call? Sorry, I can’t answer that question.

Good Investing*Ron Starr