Agricultural Lot for Commercial Auction? - Posted by IL Investor

Posted by Don Dion on June 20, 2005 at 10:27:52:

Yes the auction price would be much much lower if you leave it agricultural. You need to stop into the city or county building & planning dept to see about the steps needed for the conversion of zoning. More then likley it will be in the master plan already and a easy change since the properties around it area already re-zoned for similar use.

Agricultural Lot for Commercial Auction? - Posted by IL Investor

Posted by IL Investor on June 19, 2005 at 20:12:03:

Hey there,

Looking for advice on how to best prepare for an auction I’m planning on holding on a piece of property locally. I’m actually selling the property for an out of area owner who just wants it sold and I’ll be acting as an agent in this situation earning a commission based on the final price.

My question is primarily this… Right now the property is zoned Agriculture even though it borders 2 pieces of commercial property ajacent to it and across the street from it. The lot is small but borders a fairly busy intersection that would surely draw some traffic to the spot, but I don’t know if being agriculturally zoned is going to be a big problem or not.

How does one get a property converted from Agriculture to Commercial? Would the auction go down differently if we leave it zoned Agriculture?

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.