ALMOST MADE FIRST DEAL, HELP - Posted by Farrah Big Pond

Posted by Stew (NE) on November 04, 2000 at 17:58:51:

I have learned it is better to fail TOGETHER, then to succeed ALONE. I guess that is what that better or for worse means. 19 years and counting…

ALMOST MADE FIRST DEAL, HELP - Posted by Farrah Big Pond

Posted by Farrah Big Pond on November 04, 2000 at 12:08:32:

ME AND MY HUSBAND ALMOST MADE OUR FIRST DEAL ON 13 RENTAL PROPERTIES, BUT THER SELLER BACKED OUT AT THE LAST MINUTE. NOW MY HUSBAND DOSENT WAWNT TO DO IT ANY MORE, EVEN WORSE HE GOT FIRED FRIDAY. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS I JUST NEED SOME HELP ! PLEASE HELP!~
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME,
FARRAH

Re: ALMOST MADE FIRST DEAL, HELP - Posted by Linda (PHX)

Posted by Linda (PHX) on November 05, 2000 at 19:35:00:

I am in the same situation as you and I understand completely what you are going through. I have tried to get my husband involved and he doesn’t want to. I have decided to learn as much as I can and do it alone. I’m sure after you do your first couple of deals he will be more helpful and believe it can be done and start to get involved again.

Re: ALMOST MADE FIRST DEAL, HELP - Posted by Barbara

Posted by Barbara on November 04, 2000 at 22:10:17:

Hi!
I don’t really agree with the some of the follow ups you’ve had. And my other half is sitting here agreeing with me–you can do it with yourself! You might want to consider buying one of the courses that are recommended on this site–Scott Britton has one that I feel is really geared toward beginners, with easy to follow steps toward your success. Library books are free! Education is where it’s at! You being a good example will probably make your husband feel better in no time–and he’ll be more likely to get back on track than if he sees you quit also. I loved the post “Failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of the process!” Losing that deal may not have been a failure–Babe Ruth always smiled at striking out because he knew he was that much closer to a home run!
Best to you!
Barbara

FAILURE IS NOT… - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on November 04, 2000 at 19:10:00:

the opposite of success- it’s part of the process.

A real key: Don’t Quit!!

Best wishes,
Paul

Re: ALMOST MADE FIRST DEAL, HELP - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on November 04, 2000 at 12:31:21:

With no information, it’s hard to give you any help other than saying good luck.

So, good luck.

Nate

Re: ALMOST MADE FIRST DEAL, HELP - Posted by Farrah Big Pond

Posted by Farrah Big Pond on November 05, 2000 at 12:20:05:

i already have carlton sheets course "no money down plus several other videos from him.

Re: ALMOST MADE FIRST DEAL, HELP - Posted by Farrah Big Pond

Posted by Farrah Big Pond on November 04, 2000 at 13:11:27:

I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA AND EVERY DAY THE FIRST THING I DO IS LOOK IN THE REALESTATE CLASSIFIEDS. I HAVE FOUND A LOT OF HANDY MAN, LEASE OPTIONS, FSBO ETC… BUT THEY ALL WANT ALL CASH OR A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT DOWN. I TRIED TO FIND PRIVATE INVESTORS WHO WILL LOAN UP TO 50%LTV, BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I SEE WHERE PEOPLE SIGNED A CONTRACT, AND PLANNED ON CLOSING IN 30 DAYS AND PUT IT ON THE MARKET TO SELL BEFORE THE 30 DAYS ARE UP I WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT BUT I GUESS I AM SCARED THAT I WON’T SELL IT BEFOR THE 30 DAY MARK. AND NOW WITH NO HELP FROM MY HUSBAND I AM ON MY OWN PLEASE HELP WITH ADVICE!~
THANK YOU
FARRAH

Re: ALMOST MADE FIRST DEAL, HELP - Posted by Chuck- Oh

Posted by Chuck- Oh on November 05, 2000 at 06:15:55:

I understand your situation and I feel bad that your spouse will not support you and realize that is could be a golden opportunity for him. I could be wrong but I feel that he is being selfish and feeling sorry for himself.
Aside from that, you made a point about your fear and I wonder what most people on this board thing of it because I have the same feelings. You state:" I SEE WHERE PEOPLE SIGNED A CONTRACT, AND PLANNED ON CLOSING IN 30 DAYS AND PUT IT ON THE MARKET TO SELL BEFORE THE 30 DAYS ARE UP I WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT BUT I GUESS I AM SCARED THAT I WON’T SELL IT BEFOR THE 30 DAY mark."

What can be done if you dont sell the property by the 30 day mark? Also, this is the ignorant part of me- How can you sell it prior to the closing when its not yours? Yes…I am still a newbie. Please explain this for me. Thanks.

Re: ALMOST MADE FIRST DEAL, HELP - Posted by Nick_AL

Posted by Nick_AL on November 04, 2000 at 16:33:20:

Farrah,

I know you are looking for advice on how to execute RE deals but I want to give some advice that might last longer than your next deal or the next 100 deals. It seems to me that you and your spouse are not on the same page with these ideas. I would caution you on proceeding without regard to what your husband is now experiencing.

You may get some advice here on how to structure a deal that nets you lots of dough but if its at the cost of brusing your relationship with husband is it worth it? And what if you get some advice that does not work out, then how hard will it be to convience your now skeptical husband that this is a good business to be in.

Personally, I too have had to move at slower pace than I have wanted because my wife was not totally convienced. But, when we do decide to purchase property where we both agree, I know that if it fails we fail together and that does not become a wedge between us.

Slow down, help your husband with the issues that he has a the moment, the realestate will be there when you two are ready.

Much Success!

Nick