Am I Breaking And Entering? - Posted by Glen (OH)

Posted by Alfred on September 04, 2003 at 24:06:12:

I am also a full time police officer as well as a real estate investor and I can tell you that it would be considered tresspassing in Mississippi. The owner of the property would have to pursue charges for you to be arrested though. Apears to me to be a gamble, and only you can decied if it is worth it.

Al

Am I Breaking And Entering? - Posted by Glen (OH)

Posted by Glen (OH) on September 03, 2003 at 20:37:16:

I stopped by a double wide today that is being auctioned by the sheriff next week. Of course the door was locked, but there was a large pet door that I could have gotted through. I don’t have a criminal record and don’t want one but I really wanted to inspect the interior. Technically it is “FOR SALE” and I would have gone that route if confronted by the local constabulary. Anyway I got cold feet and stayed outside. I know Lonnie has used a putty knife once or twice to gain admission but he is usually working with a park manager. Does anybody have any experience with this type of ‘inspection’? Any comments?

You knew before you asked - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on September 04, 2003 at 11:31:19:

Yes you are breaking and entering. You knew that before you asked. I think what you really wanted to ask is “should I or shouldn’t I?” Noone can make your decisions for you.

If caught inside by someone who is angry (they shouldn’ be angry if it is for sale) you could always say that when you arived the door was unlocked and you hollered but there was no answer so you just went in to see if everything was OK. This may negate the ‘breaking’ aspect in some jurisdictions, but there could still be such a thing a criminal trespass, if things should get sticky.

Best rule: If you feel uncomfortable about it, don’t do it.

If you are clean cut, well dressed and driving a middle class or better looking vehicle that will probably affect how someone discovering you will react. On the other hand if you are unkempt, tatooed from headband to spurs and riding a Harley with a Hell’s Angles sticker on your Nazi style skid lid, maybe you better not ‘go in’.

If you are carrying a clipboard, you will look like you are doing something ‘official’. In any event if you go in, don’t do it at night or carrying a bag of B&E tools. Park right in front, in plain sight, not around the corner or behind the mobile home like a burglar might.

Regards, doc

Re: Am I Breaking And Entering? - Posted by Bubba

Posted by Bubba on September 04, 2003 at 05:46:46:

Sure, go ahead I’ve got a warm bunk just waiting for you.

Re: Am I Breaking And Entering? - Posted by BJOHNSON

Posted by BJOHNSON on September 03, 2003 at 22:17:02:

grow some nads and go on in.

Remembe B & E IS Fun…just illegal! nt - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 04, 2003 at 16:42:22:

nt

Re: Am I Breaking And Entering? - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 04, 2003 at 05:38:41:

Nads shouldn’t damage your brain(except maybe when a guy is 15-17 when nads replace the brain).
There are times I think …"oh this party doesnt care and I go in…there are others where I know just having been in will make it where they wont listen to an offer!
Philip