Am I to Young? - Posted by Susan

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 12, 2003 at 13:28:49:

Jean Brutus------------

I recommend you read my post for beginners. You can see it on the main board of this CREONLINE.COM website by putting “beginners success” in the archive search function.

One of the main reasons people fail in real estate investing is themselves, I believe. If you have no money and bad credit, you may have to change your ways before you can become a real estate investing success.

The book “the Millionaire Next Door” available at public libraries, is a good place to start learning what people do who are successful in business.

Good Investing*Ron Starr

Am I to Young? - Posted by Susan

Posted by Susan on August 11, 2003 at 13:42:14:

Hi I am 22 yrs. old and I have been watching Carlton on tv for years trying to get my parents to try this program but they just won’t do it. Now that I am almost finished with school and will be having to pay back my loans soon I figured why don’t “I” try this for myself, but am I to young? Is there a certain age to be able to do this?
Hope to hear from someone soon.

Do YOU think you’re to young? - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on August 14, 2003 at 12:49:09:

If YOU think you are you are right.
If YOU think you are not you are right.
It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.

I’ve read this book 7 times! - Posted by Justin Pouters

Posted by Justin Pouters on August 12, 2003 at 22:37:18:

This certainly is no AGE to do anything. It’s all in your mind. Read As A Man Thinketh… you can get download it at no charge at fastcashcourse.com. It might take a few weeks after a few emails, but you’ll get a bunch on GOOD information on the psychological aspects of investing. You have to sign up for the free ecourse and you’ll get a link for the book. Best wishes!

Justin

Re: Am I to Young? - Posted by Carrie

Posted by Carrie on August 12, 2003 at 22:03:51:

Hi Susan,
Absolutely not! I am 19 and closed on my first two houses in May. One we live in we bought for 48k and plan to sell for at least 75k in two years with less than 10k of work. The second is a rental that we had rented before we even closed and brings in almost $200 per month positive cashflow. My tenant is almost old enough enough to be my grandmother! It feels pretty weird at first but if you know what you are talking about you will not be denied and you will earn respect no matter how old you are (or look for that matter - I have been told I look like I am 14!)
I recommend you read all the books on REI from the Library and maybe buy a few newer ones to decide if this is really what you want to do, then buy a course that pertains to the style of investing you wish to pursue. I have heard Carltons course is quite general with a fair amount of fluff so it is quite likely you can learn more at this site for free than from his course but then I do not have his course personally so who am I to judge? Well I hope my rambling on helps you take some action and lets you know that you are never to young if you have the determination!
Carrie

I’m 22 also - Posted by Jay (OR)

Posted by Jay (OR) on August 11, 2003 at 21:45:00:

Nah, you’re not too young. I’m 22 also, and I own 5 rentals. The most recent one, I’m bringing in about $200 per month positive cash flow. The best part was that I bought it for $55,000 in an area where I can sell it quickly for $79,000. By the way, I’m a junior in college, and don’t have a “j.o.b.” as Robert Kiyosaki puts it.

Re: Am I to Young? - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 11, 2003 at 18:29:37:

Susan,

No you are not to young to get into REI.

But start slow, dont jump in until educating yourself fully in this business.

After the CS course seek out other authors for different points of view. Educating yourself in this way will help you find your “niche” in REI.

As Ron mentioned take a look at the archives, there have been many posts on the subject.

Best of luck,

RichV(FL)

common question… - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 11, 2003 at 14:17:52:

Susan------------

Seems to me that this question is asked a couple of times a week.

For a fast response, why don’t you read the responses to some of the earlier posters asking the same question? Just use the archive search feature, either on this board2 or on the main board of this CREONLINE.COM website. Put in something like “age” “too young” “young” “22” “21” “20” “19” “18”–yes, those have shown up–anything that is likely to pull up the younguns. “college gratuate” “finished college” might be useful also. Instant answers.

Good InvestingRon Starr***

Re: I’m 22 also - Posted by Jean Brutus

Posted by Jean Brutus on August 12, 2003 at 08:55:32:

How did you get into real estate. I want to do real estate investing but my credit is shot and I have very little money. What would u do?