Amazing how a book can change how you think..... - Posted by Charity

Posted by Robert(AL) on January 28, 2001 at 10:12:48:

Charity,

Kiyosaki is very inspirational. I have read RDPD and Cashflow Quandrant and am currently reading Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing. For those of you who haven’t read any of his books, I suggest you go to your local bookstore TODAY and start with Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It will change the way you look at your financial life.

Robert(AL)

Amazing how a book can change how you think… - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on January 28, 2001 at 09:17:05:

I posted a couple of days ago about being bored while listening to the Rich Dad, Poor Dad tapes. Many suggested to get the book. So, I went out and actually bought it and Cash Flow Quadrant. I decided I wanted to read Cash Flow first, which I bought yesterday. I am only into the 2nd chapter and already lightbulbs are going off! I realized I am stuck in the “S” category, but I have been fighting to get into the “B” category. I am a real estate agent also, and I had sort of given that up to do REI. However, you still have to have cash flow each month and we need to pay off debt.

So, about 2 weeks ago, I decided to mesh the 2 businesses. For those who need to list, we’ll list them. For those who have no equity, we’ll L/O or subject to, etc. I decided I was letting too much business go without using all of my resources. Plus, I made good money as an agent, but it was exhausting. I decided I had to find a way to get back to making money, but also give myself the free time and relaxation time I never gave myself before.

So, I started running ads online to hire some prospectors for my REI business and some agents to work as prospectors in my agent business. I have been bombarded with calls from quality people who have backgrounds in inside sales and WANT to make money. The agreement is, whatever deals you bring in, I will pay you this flat fee. After 10 deals, we’ll up it to this flat fee, etc. It amazes me that people will work so hard to bring ME deals, never thinking that they could take those deals and make money. They are in the “E” quadrant I guess.

Just wanted to share my great experience so far with this book. I know my mindset will be totally changed after I finish it. I think the thing that struck me most is the difference between “S” and “B”, which is basically doing everything yourself as opposed to delegating. That is where I plan to concentrate - delegating.

Sorry to be long winded!

Charity

I loved his books - Posted by jacque383@hotmail.com

Posted by jacque383@hotmail.com on January 28, 2001 at 12:01:29:

Hi Charity,

Reading Robert Kiyosaki’s books is exactly what got me started on in this business. It really makes you think. I have also been stuck in the “S” quadrant and am working diligently to move to the “B” and “I” quadrant.

I haven’t gone out and hired folks directly - I’m certain that would be an excellent way to work a portion of this business. However, I do work in the “S” quadrant as an instructor for Western Washington University and every quarter have approximately 100+ new and returning students who ALL know what I do in my other job. So, far it’s working out too well - too well because I’m just starting out and don’t have experience turn these properties with little money - but I’m learning.

Have you ordered the Cashflow 101 game?

Jacque