An easy way to save a few bucks on books... - Posted by HR

Posted by Lori Samson on June 04, 2000 at 01:11:47:

I didn’t know that! See what you can learn here! Lori

An easy way to save a few bucks on books… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on June 03, 2000 at 07:04:37:

Barnes and Noble and Borders both offer credit cards to corps and llcs. Doesn’t matter if your biz is for-profit or non-profit, if you use your card for ANY book purchase thru their store, you get an automatic 20% discount. Man, I wish I knew about this before! I just found out about it while trying to order some books for our reia library.

So, all ya’ll that have corps or llcs, here’s an easy way to save a few bucks. Hmmmmm… just how many times, now, has Bronchick’s materials paid for themselves multiple times over? Just another benefit…

Cheers,

HR

Here’s a really good site to get Discounts on Books at B & N etc. - Posted by Brenda K

Posted by Brenda K on June 06, 2000 at 24:48:17:

http://www.scholarsaver.com/books.htm

Hal, help me here… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on June 04, 2000 at 18:34:15:

Kel just picked up the app from B&N and it says nothing about a discount. The store clerk knew nothing about it either. It does mention earning reward points and a $10 discount on the first purchase. What piece did I miss? Thanks…

Re: An easy way to save a few bucks on books… - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on June 03, 2000 at 23:09:45:

Hal,
Thanks for the information, with all the books that I buy from them I could sure use it.

By the way Hal, I still don’t have your email. The last time I tried sending something again it bounced back. Can you please forward it to me.

Hope all is well!

Steve

Re: An easy way to save a few bucks on books… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on June 03, 2000 at 16:10:50:

You may also want to check www.bestbookbuys.com. They compare prices at 25 or so online booksellers to find you the cheapest price.

Re: Hal, help me here… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on June 06, 2000 at 19:04:05:

Hey Tim,

I’m not sure what gives. I started at Borders first, and they coughed up the 20% discount without any questions asked. When I went to B&N, they had the same program. I’m not sure why your person didn’t know about it; it looks like a national program, from their brochure.

Keep me/us posted. Maybe it’s one of them weird texas things, again :wink:

HR