An interesting situation, PART 2.... - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on January 29, 1999 at 10:27:44:

Get a clue. Did you miss the first part? I tried to contact the owner only to find him DEAD!! Are you suggesting I find his death certificate to get a date, then look it up in the paper, then call his living realatives? The Realtor already know who the owner is, wouldn’t it be easier to work with a Realtor who already has the information.

There are alot of Realtors on this site, I would watch what I would say, “Don’t worry about the realtors most of them don’t know jack.”

An interesting situation, PART 2… - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on January 29, 1999 at 08:09:08:

See “an interesting situation” below for the first part of this problem.

I called the Realator that has an abandoned property listed that I have been trying to find the owner of. Two days later, and two days closer to the day the listing expires (Jan. 31) and she has not called me back. I got my letter I sent to the house (hoping it would be forwarded) back with the DECEASED stamp on it.

I am afraid that if the listing expires, I may never find the proper owner. Should I try to contact the Realtor again, who works for the broker I want to work for, or call a different agent at the same brokerage, or call the agent that helped me find my house at a different brokerage. If I do start working for the broker who has it listed, and I did do the deal thru a different broker, I don’t want any hard feelings between me and the Realtor that never called me back.

This is not just another sale, it is messing with my future. What do you all think?

Re: An interesting situation, PART 2… - Posted by Steve Meiners

Posted by Steve Meiners on January 29, 1999 at 16:59:24:

I think that anyone who beleives that a realtor or anyone else for that matter is messing with his future really has no future.

Re: An interesting situation, PART 2… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on January 29, 1999 at 10:19:02:

John - I would do one of two things.

1. Go see the broker directly, and explain that the realtor is not doing his/her job and you can’t get a return call. Insist on dealing directly with the broker from now on.

2. Go to another realtor/office altogether.

Who cares about bad feelings?! This is business and you’re trying to make a buck. The last thing you should be worried about is hurting someones feelings. You tried the “correct” route now try another route.

RL

Re: An interesting situation, PART 2… - Posted by Tom in NE

Posted by Tom in NE on January 29, 1999 at 09:56:42:

Go to the court house find the legal discription, assesers office, then go to the hall of records and look it up. Then contact the owner. Don’t worry about the realtors most of them don’t know jack.