An Unusual Question - Posted by Arlene Graham

Posted by JT-IN on September 04, 2003 at 20:39:47:

“some land that was supposed to go to me upon the death of my grandmother”

It seems that even though Grandma may have been duped by ole Dad… she was the one who conveyed the land… If Grandma wanted to file suit, then OK… short of that, (and I think I know the answer here) it is a moot point, unless you can prove some fraud on Dad’s part. Even so, if you could, is Dad financially culpable…? (Could he write a check for the value of the land…?). I didn’t think so.

This is what is referred as a “life’s lesson”; (unfortunately). You will remember this one for a long, long time.

My advice is to use this disappointment (deceit and hurt) to motivate you into doing something positive. If you could orient that emotion in that direction, there is not telling what you could accomplish.

Just the way that I view things…

JT-IN

An Unusual Question - Posted by Arlene Graham

Posted by Arlene Graham on September 04, 2003 at 18:42:56:

Hi, I don’t know if this is the right place to post this question but here goes.

My dad gave his ex-wife some land that was supposed to go to me upon the death of my grandmother. He gave her this because she was bleeding him dry financaly.

He convinced my grandma to sign the land over to him, he told some lie about it would be easier to give the land to me and it wouldn’t have to go into probate. Anyway, she signed it over to him and he signed it over to the demon.

Can I sue these people? Is there anyway to get the land back? This all happend about 6 years ago without my knowledge and I really wasn’t in the position to do anything about it when I did find out.

thx

Re: An Unusual Question - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on September 05, 2003 at 09:04:53:

At least you didn’t have to wait till your dad died to find out that he was a spineless lier.

Re: An Unusual Question - Posted by Solo

Posted by Solo on September 05, 2003 at 24:48:09:

Yes you can do something. Its a longshot but here goes…First was your grandmother of sound,mind, and body at the time of the title transfer? If not the contract is void and you may sue the title transfer company lawyer for negligence.“Its their job to make sure both parties are competent.” Lastly you had a verbal agreement with a person that has passed which is still a contract. In order to prove this you need a witness that heard your grandmother promised that you were the person that will inherit her land upon her death. “Unless you have something in writing which is unlikely”

Re: An Unusual Question - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 04, 2003 at 22:14:41:

Arlene Graham--------

The answer is yes. You can sue. Anybody can sue anybody for any slight they believe has been done to them.

I think this is not an investment question. This is a legal question, in my view. The proper place to get an answer is to consult with a competent attorney in your area.

I am not an attorney.

Now, an attorney, looking at the evidence you have and considering the situation may be able to give you an estimate of the change of the important question: can you win?

Good Investing********Ron Starr****************