And then what...? - Posted by Brian

Posted by chris on January 18, 2000 at 03:28:57:

Where do you live? You can find a mentor in your area who will handhold you through a deal or two. The best place to look is you local RE Investor’s club. Go to the yellow banner on the left side of the page and look for the link for REI clubs. If you don’t find one there post a reply and I will see what I can find for your area.

This site is excellent to come to for your questions. However, you should post general questions on Newsgroup I. Here on Newsgroup II the posts are related to guru questions.

-Chris

And then what…? - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on January 17, 2000 at 22:43:27:

Hello, I’m just read a couple books and completed a real Estate course. There are zillions of ways to take advantage of good deals that are available to find and make! I am confident of this and have started reading the paper and highlighting activity in my area. I have not made any calls because I realized that even if I find a deal I wouldn’t know how to complete it.

My question: My problem I do not believe is going to be finding deals, but rather how to go through the procedures for completing the deals. Once they are negotiated, where do I find a contract to say and do whatever deal I work out. Once I get a contract, what do I do? Do I drive over and have it signed. And then what? Does someone guide the process or do I guide it somehow?

It seems that all the things I’ve seen and read talk about different kinds of deals but never go through all the procedures all the way to the end with money in fist. I don’t even understand how a closing table works or what it is or how to work with morgage companies, lawyer or whatever it is I may need.

So how is it if I find deals and money if I need it, do I complete the process all the way to completion of the deal. Should I get a lawyer…how much would that be to take me through the process.

This all probably sounds like a silly question but I can’t see a completed deal in my head. I’m only filled with solutions on how to negotiate many types of deals. Once the deal is made what do I do. Are there any hand holding services out there? Someone to litterally show me how to entirely complete deals I may want to do…and split the profit for the first 2 or 3 that my hand gets held on so that I can get a better understanding with proper support.

Thank you all…this is a wonderful site