And Yet another L/O question - Posted by Joel

Posted by Matt B on January 26, 2001 at 15:39:11:

That’s what I keep preaching to everyone who says that calling ads is how they are trying to find leads. It’s a big waste of time. Good luck with your marketing.

And Yet another L/O question - Posted by Joel

Posted by Joel on January 26, 2001 at 12:24:50:

I pretty much understand the L/O procedures for the most part. One of the things that I’m not quite clear on and have not come across in the archives are these questions. In regards to calling a FSBO or Rental ads looking for a seller.

1. Do you offer to pay above what the mortgage payment is or exactly that amount?
  2. If a district is zoned a Non-rent district where renting is not permitted are Lease to Own situations allowed by law in that area?

Thank you

Joel Ray

Re: And Yet another L/O question - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on January 26, 2001 at 13:06:40:

I can’t comment on your second question, as I have no experience with that. However, on your first question, I NEVER pay more than the mortgage payment amount. In fact, I have the bank statement sent to me or take the payment book and make payment directly to the bank for the exact amount of the payment.

In regards to your comment about calling FSBOs and for rent ads to try to find lease options, don’t! Set up your own advertising and get your marketing going to attract sellers to call you. Calling ads is a big waster of time and it takes forever to find good leads doing that.

Re: And Yet another L/O question - Posted by stacy

Posted by stacy on January 26, 2001 at 14:52:18:

Matt,

Enjoy reading your posts. Was wondering if you could share YOUR marketing strategies to find motivated sellers. Thanks

Stacy

Re: And Yet another L/O question - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on January 26, 2001 at 15:08:42:

The marketing techniques that I’ve learned and used over the past couple of years could be an entire course by itself. I have learned how, when, and where to use signs, classified ads, flyers, door hangers, direct mail letters, postcards, telemarketing, free offers, billboards, referrals, etc. At my peak, I probably was averaging about 15-20 calls a days, 7 days a week. If you get any of the great courses here, or even read through the FREE articles, many contain TONS of very useful marketing techniques that I have adapted to my use. Hope that helps a bit.

Re: And Yet another L/O question - Posted by stacy

Posted by stacy on January 26, 2001 at 15:15:52:

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I’m currently using penny saver ads, bandit signs, driving neighborhoods & handing out flyers, some direct mail to vacant owners and from time to time I’m calling ads in the paper that look interesting to me. So far calling ads has been the least productive.

Re: And Yet another L/O question - Posted by J Ray

Posted by J Ray on January 26, 2001 at 22:29:24:

Have you had any luck with the bandit signs Stacy?

Joel Ray