Another Cash Flow source - Posted by John Houston

Posted by Ryan (NC) on May 17, 2007 at 07:47:28:

I’ve piddled with their system a little, my only warning is not to fail for the common sob stories on the site… my cat ate my daughter’s binkie and I racked up 4k in CC debt at 30% trying to keep her happy ain’t a reason to loan someone money IMHO. Bad spending habits don’t fix them self’s over night and these type people will be right back in the same boat next month even after someone else bails them out.

With that said I do think there are decent returns in the AA, A, B, and in to the C range. Forget about the HR and lower range credit ratings regardless of the rate, these are unsecured loans! When this site first sprouted up I predicted that the HR’s etc would take HEAVY defaults, it took right at 2 months for that prediction to come true… buyer be warned, spread your risk and don’t get greedy for easy high rates of returns from prosper’s lower end borrowers.

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler

Another Cash Flow source - Posted by John Houston

Posted by John Houston on May 15, 2007 at 11:46:11:

I have stumbled upon a site that may benefit the readers of these posts.

The site is Prosper.com and is a “microlending” interface.
The site has been written about in Newsweek and Wired magazines. It may serve as a source for those looking to enter the lending business but would like to start small.

(I have no personal stake in the site other than I just signed up as a Lender)

Any feedback is appreciated.

Re: Another Cash Flow source - Posted by FH

Posted by FH on May 25, 2007 at 20:12:12:

That was a really helpful link John I am currently looking for more information on subjects mentioned on this site including one article that talked about “you being the bank” as a way to make cash flow. What has been your experience so far. Is there anything I could read to prepare and better understand the funadmentals of lending?