Another newbie - Posted by Tracy Miller

Posted by Tracy Miller on September 11, 2003 at 18:52:32:

Thanks for the reply. I am currently trying to get my credit together. There seems to be alot of derogatory info on it also, which I’m trying to get straightened out. But I’m not giving up. I know I can be successful in real estate investing. As I said in my first post, I know its not a get rich quick thing. I’m not concerned how long it takes. I’ve been in the construction field for some 20 years now and I am a top payed refrigeration service tech. Even doing rehab’s would be to my benefit as I would not have to pay someone else to do the work. So I’m keeping an open mind. Again, thanks for the reply.

Another newbie - Posted by Tracy Miller

Posted by Tracy Miller on September 07, 2003 at 10:09:18:

I just recieved CS’s course this past friday and have already read thru book 1 and listened to most of the cd’s. I don’t know if I’m trying to take all this in to quick or what, but I am occasionally feeling alittle scared. I know thats probably normal. I’m a single father with a 14 year old boy and I’m mainly wanting to use this course first off to get us a house and then try to generate some extra income. I know this isn’t a get rich quick thing, but sometimes I wonder if it really does work. My credit is not all that great, I have a bankruptcy on it and I think last time I checked my FICO score was around 584. Can you really get properties with no money down and without credit checks?
And would it be better to find owner financing or thru a broker? Or does it matter? I found this site before I even got the course and must say it is very informative, but I’m still apprehensive.
Any additional advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Another newbie - Posted by harold

Posted by harold on September 11, 2003 at 09:58:50:

Maybe there are ways to buy without credit or cash but i must say that I have not found it. My first suggestion to you is to get your credit situation together(this can probably cost a couple thousand). If this is not possible then maybe owner financing is right for you. In doing owner financing you will have to do some great convincing to the owner (think about it would you finance to someone who has a bankruptcy). You probably would have to agree to some pretty strict terms that are more favorable to the seller. Feel free to contact me with any questions.