Another question... - Posted by Pavon Bailey

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on April 17, 2000 at 12:59:59:

BUT it is unfortunate that all are not motivated by a need to sell. MOST are motivated by good old fashioned GREED. This is often referred to as THE GREATER FOOL THEORY. If you would like to be that greator fool, just grab your checkbook and ball point pen and step right up to the plate. You can probably make a half dozen super deals by the end of the week (for someone). You can plan on an early retirement, probably a medical retirement (you will get sick of FSBO’s real fast). The other alternative is education. It can be cheap or expensive, your choice. Good luck…ED

Another question… - Posted by Pavon Bailey

Posted by Pavon Bailey on April 17, 2000 at 11:44:09:

Hello, investors!

Just another quick question: I’ve seen so many FSBOs in my neighborhood lately. Are all FSBO sellers motivated? I know it’s a dum question, but I have to know. I’ve taken a different route home every day lately, and there’s enough FSBOs out there that I could retire if I successfully completed every one! And I’m 22!!! Anyway, thanks for the input from you guys (and gals! smiles). Hmmm, wonder if something’s wrong with my neighborhood to make everyone move like this???

Thanks, and happy investing!!! I’m about to call a FSBO to find out info before I go to class.

FLAME ON!!! (but don’t burn any bridges! smiles)

Pavon

Re: Another question… - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on April 17, 2000 at 12:01:51:

Pavon,

No. Not all FSBO sellers are motivated. There are many reasons why someone would choose to sell their home themselves.

1. They try to save the agent commission (ie: pocket it themselves, or use it to negotiate on price).
  2. They may be “fishing” to see if they can get a higher price than the neighborhood currently supports.
  3. There may not be enough equity in the property to pay an agent commission.
  4. Some people want to learn the process from beginning to end.
  5. Finally, some people just like to do things themselves.

There are probably as many different reasons as there are FSBO sellers out there. But, the bottom line is this…not all FSBO sellers are motivated enough to cut an investor a deal.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)