Anwsering service or cell phone - Posted by Phamtastic

Posted by Suzanne on February 14, 2002 at 08:24:10:

Thank you for the information. I appericate it very much.

Anwsering service or cell phone - Posted by Phamtastic

Posted by Phamtastic on February 13, 2002 at 09:28:08:

An investor I spoke to says that he has an anwsering service, he uses A Plus in MD for $250/mo. where there are individuals taking calls. They fill out a questionaire that then they weed thru the good leads (motivated sellers) and fax him those prospects.

Q:
Should I get a cell phone so that I can catch all calls or should I get this anwsering service. Even if I get a cell phone, at times, I will be busy talking to sellers, so some will have to leave a message.

I placed ads, have bandit signs, and flyers currently for my marketing and when I go home from an appts. I noticed that there are people calling me (from caller ID) but some of those callers (possible motivated sellers) are not leaving messages. Am I missing out on possible leads for deals or should I not concern myself with people who may be motivated but not motivated enough to at least leave a message.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Phamtastic

Answering Service - Posted by Suzanne

Posted by Suzanne on February 13, 2002 at 11:57:26:

Are cell phones cheaper? You pay for monthly fees, incomming calls and out going calls as well as roam time. This use of a cell phone would not qualify under a family plan. If it is cheaper, exactly how much cheaper? If the difference would not be that much, then you will probablly want to use an answering service.
Other things to consider, as you stated you loose possible leads since many people do not leave messages. I honestly believe over half of the population have answering machine phoiba even when calling a friend or relative.

Also as your business grows, do you want to have a cell phone glued to your head as more and more calls come in?

Would you rather talk to all sellers and buyers directly or only sellers that are motivated and only quality buyers? Other wise you will be wasting time talking to unmotivated sellers and unqualified buyers when you could be making offers to motivated sellers and getting deals wrapped up with qualified buyers.

Also how much free time would you have with a cell phone vs. free time you would have with an answering service?

Which one would allow you to use your time more wisely? Not only with your business, but also with your family if you have one, socialize with friends, and doing things you like to do.

In the begnning you may have to stick with cell phone or be by your regular phone almost constantly because you will not be able to afford an answering service. When your business grows and you find out that you have more calls than you can handle with just one or two phones, then it is probablly time to get the answering service.

Cell phone - Posted by TimJensen

Posted by TimJensen on February 13, 2002 at 10:07:07:

Cheaper and easier.

Re: Answering Service - Posted by Lisa (NE)

Posted by Lisa (NE) on February 14, 2002 at 20:10:31:

Here in Eastern Nebraska variable call forwarding busy on a home phone is $2.50/mo with Alltel.

I have the home # forwarded the cell phone. Then if the line at home is busy (kids, computer, etc) it forwards to my cell phone. If you don’t like it, then get an answering service. We just take the phone off the hook when not home. You can also disable if you wish.

Whether Answering Service or Cell Phone… - Posted by TxRae

Posted by TxRae on February 14, 2002 at 24:00:08:

consider this: when you change strategies, how are you going to continue to reap the benefits of your previously spent marketing dollars?

Answer: Remote Call Forwarding from the phone company. Get this service, which will land the number they give you to any number. If you happen to change your cell phone, move, whatever, you don’t lose contact with all those people who had the old number and now don’t have the new.

If you get an answering service, they will give you a number. Have your remote forwarded number forwarded to the number the service gives you. Then only advertise the remote forwarded number. That way if they up the rates or you find a better service, you can just take your number with you. Most answering services won’t allow you to take a number with you, keeping you married to them if you’ve spent advertising dollars promoting “their” number.

Just food for thought . . .

How much does this cost? $12.50 a month from Verizon, plus an activation fee which varies depending on what part of the country you are in. Also, try to get what they call “enhanced call forwarding” instead of the regular call forwarding. Costs LESS (regular is $17.50/month) and allows YOU to forward the number to another number AT WILL (changing at different times of the day to ring at home in the evening but at the office or cell during work) without having to call them and place an order and wait for and pay them to make the switch.

Pacific Bell (and the other Bell’s) offer a version, too, but it is not changeable at will like Verizon’s.

raelynn mitchell
(now in Houston, TX)

I forgot to mention the bonus! - Posted by Lisa

Posted by Lisa on February 14, 2002 at 20:13:37:

When telemarketers call, their computer does not stay on the line for forwarded calls just like answering machines. So it screens calls, too!