Any good books on mobile home parks? - Posted by Mike8675

Posted by Mike8675 on April 01, 1999 at 06:15:10:

Thanks, I ordered the Lew Dickson video yesterday…it sounds like this may be very profitable in my area. Most of the mobile homes that are selling in my area that are on approximately an acre of land typically sell for $30-$35k (14x70 MH). I know an acre can be purchased for 3k-6k on the outskirts of town. Hopefully this video shows the complete process of teardown, moving and setup of everything including the utilities so I can avoid the pitfalls and the little things that seem to gobble up the profits. This looks better than building a MH Park from scratch! My grandfather built a big and profitable MH Park from a wheat field, I just wish I would have been old enough to buy it when he sold it!
Mike8675

Any good books on mobile home parks? - Posted by Mike8675

Posted by Mike8675 on March 30, 1999 at 14:42:46:

Does anyone know of any book(s) on building a mobile home park? Or what’s involved with buying a parcel of land and placing a mobile home on it? I have Lonnies material but I’m looking for something more in depth with this specialty.
Any material that covers either process would be great. I’ve searched amazon.com and the web but came up empty.
Thanks,
Mike8675

Two Exelent things come to mind… - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on April 01, 1999 at 03:38:07:

Hi Mike,
Well I saw your post and by reading it know that you need some more info in your mobile home arsenal.
1.) Get Rich Helping Others by Earnst Tew…Great Book, great info a must have.

2.) How to develop Mobile Home Land Investments by Lew Dickson… A great video, which goes through and shows you step by step on how to do this.

Both are super. Both these items in addition to Lonnie Scruggs materials will make you a mobile home giant.
In fact I found the step by step in Lew Dickson’s video very inforative and I would suggest Mobile home newbies getting it because it really outlines what is involved in a tear down and set up. Most newbies do not realize how involved that can be. And many think that it’s just a matter of hooking a truck up and delivering the mobile. At least a lot of the ones who email me and tell me what great deals they have found on pull outs.
Dirk Roach

Re: Any good books on mobile home parks? - Posted by Reif

Posted by Reif on March 31, 1999 at 01:54:32:

FWIW,

I personally don’t know anything about it, but at the convention Earnest Tew said building new MH parks is a real pain (government red tape). It is much easier and more profitable in his estimation to buy an underperforming park and fix it.

Reif

Re: Any good books on mobile home parks? - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on March 30, 1999 at 19:20:47:

George Allen has some stuff at www.mfdhousing.com
If that’s not the right url let me know
Doug