Any ideas for hiding property sale? - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by dell-ohio on July 01, 2003 at 13:34:14:

We have a similar situation with a local auctioneer and realtor. A realtor attends all the local auctions and there are a lot of them. The realtor was buying them and then selling for a profit. The Auctioneer although he appreciated the realtor, the auctioneer was getting flack from property owners.

Now the realtor has the property purchaser, us, pay him his “fee” and then we close on the properety at the price it sold for at the auction.

MY experience

dell-ohio

Any ideas for hiding property sale? - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on June 30, 2003 at 19:11:30:

I’m getting pretty good at buying properties 50-75% on the dollar and flipping them. However, I don’t care too much to let my seller know that I just flipped their house for a $20-40k profit (even though it was abandoned and I had to work hard to negotiate the liens and make a nice profit). Will deeding a property into an LLC and selling the LLC hide the fact that I brought something for $50k and flipped it for $90k? How about setting up a trust? Thanks in advance.

Any ideas for hiding property sale? - Posted by Tricia (FL)

Posted by Tricia (FL) on July 03, 2003 at 22:37:16:

Read up on Land Trusts in your area. You can hide the costs, flip, keep people from knowing who really owns the house, etc. Good luck!:slight_smile:

Re: Any ideas for hiding property sale? - Posted by MJK

Posted by MJK on July 03, 2003 at 17:08:16:

Hello IB,

What methods do you use to locate these good deals??

Thanks --MJ