Any Marylanders familiar with Investors United? - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Ron (MD) on January 29, 2001 at 14:10:42:

I think the $7,500 price was recently raised to a whopping $9,000.

Charley has a monthly investor club meeting on the 4th Monday in Parkville…would be a good chance for you to meet other investors, including several of his students.

Unfortunately, you are only likely to run into his satisfied students at his meetings…the others are home kicking themselves.

By the way, you are more likely to be taken seriously here if you sign your posts with a name, rather than “newbie”.

Ron Guy

Any Marylanders familiar with Investors United? - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Newbie on January 29, 2001 at 09:13:28:

Hi all,
Has anyone in Maryland attended the classes or meetings of Investors United? I was just wondering if it was a worthwhile resource for a newbie investor.

Thanks,
PS. RAVENS RULE!!!

Re: Marylanders familiar with Investors United? - Posted by Alan-Baltimore

Posted by Alan-Baltimore on January 29, 2001 at 10:52:36:

Save your money!

If you’re new to CRE, you’ll be better off if you do the following:

1. Read lots of books about real estate, money management and the philosophy of success. (FREE from the library, cheap on the internet–Amazon, Ebay, etc.)

2. Read everything you on this site (FREE)

3. Attend the two local investor club meetings in Baltimore. One of the clubs is run by the owner of Investors United but despite the sometimes heavy-handed self-promotion, you can still network with other investors and listen to some good speakers. ($20 per meeting and that includes dinner.)

4. Attend the upcoming CREonline convention in Atlanta. ($595 plus transportation)

5. Buy some courses from Joe Kaiser, Bronchick, LeGrand etc. ($100-1500)

6. Start hitting the streets and doing some deals. This will force you to turn theory into practice and in the process you’ll learn how much you don’t know. At that point you can turn for answers to the people you’ve met at the local meetings and those that you meet here online and at the convention.

Only after you’ve done all of the above will it be time to consider plunking down $7,500(!) of your hard-earned money for some professional hand holding. I suspect that if you follow the above steps and are truly serious about RE investing, you’ll be amazed that you ever considered going to this school for investors. However, if I’m wrong and you still feel that the information is worth the price of tuition, you’ll at least have some basis for understanding and evaluating the various investing methods that are taught.

Good luck!

$7500!!! Holy Cow!! - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Newbie on January 29, 2001 at 14:00:40:

Thanks Alan,

I did not know the tuition was so much…dang! They conveniently left that little detail off their website, and I had emailed the owner this morning to inquire about the amount. I think I will continue on my current track, which includes studying and absorbing everything on this website, my books from Legrand and Kiyosaki, and Bronchick’s flipping course. I may also work with a mentor in the Balto. area, if he and I can agree on an arrangement. We are in the taking stages on that.
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the convention this year, and I am extremely jealous of all you lucky folks who get to go! Maybe next year.
:^(
Thanks again for the info Alan, & I hope to be networking with you in the near future!

PS. RAVENS RULE!!