Any of you regulars in JAX? - Posted by michaela-FL

Posted by matx on June 08, 2006 at 23:21:26:

No, we aren’t members. We don’t even live in FL! I think they changed their membership structure. They didn’t have non-resident membership before.

It’s strange their meetings don’t even accept guests/visitors. I’ve never been to an REI club like that.

Sorry, hope you’ll find a better one.

Any of you regulars in JAX? - Posted by michaela-FL

Posted by michaela-FL on June 05, 2006 at 19:07:10:

since I just moved here and don’t yet know any other
investors here, yet, just checking if any of you that have been posting for years are in my area

Michaela

Re: Any of you regulars in JAX? - Posted by Scott (FL)

Posted by Scott (FL) on June 11, 2006 at 13:16:18:

I do not know what area of town you are in…(thought I saw you mentioned beaches)
I have been a member with REIN for about 5 years.
Heres the link:
http://www.rein-jax.com/
Main monthly meetings at the Holiday Inn 295/17… Jump start educational series meetings are every Tuesday, now being held at the Piccadilly cafeteria at I10/Lane Ave.

HTH,
Scott

Re: Any of you regulars in JAX? - Posted by matx

Posted by matx on June 06, 2006 at 12:07:09:

You should definitely join this group.

We aren’t members (we have a property outside of JAX), but subscribe to this. Very knowledgeable people.
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/JaxREIA/

Re: Any of you regulars in JAX? - Posted by Walt Carey

Posted by Walt Carey on June 05, 2006 at 20:16:44:

Michaela,

JAX is loaded w/ REI’s thanks to Ron Leg-rund. Should be pretty easy locating the tried and true at the investment clubs in the area–and they are aplenty.

Isn’t JAX really South Georgia minus the border? :wink:

Walt Carey

Re: Any of you regulars in JAX? - Posted by michaela-FL

Posted by michaela-FL on June 07, 2006 at 05:30:05:

thanks,
I did try the yahoo group, but they declined my membership.

Michaela

Re: Any of you regulars in JAX? - Posted by Barry (GA)

Posted by Barry (GA) on June 08, 2006 at 10:16:26:

Walt,

No, it ain’t South Georgia minus the border and frankly I am glad. There are definitely some differences. No offense to Michaela or anyone else in Jax. I hear there is some good investing down there (and may have some of that action in the future myself) but I’ll gladly continue to live on this side of the river, thank you. For someone who has lived so close to Florida all his life I have never really cared for it, not exactly sure why. Great place to visit but haven’t been anywhere down there that I’d want to live.

Good investing,
Barry

Posted by michaela-FL on June 06, 2006 at 05:35:53:

This way I had also hoped to come across some locals,
that I already know through this board and who’ve shown credibility.

The next reia meetg isn’t for another month.

Michaela

Posted by michaela-FL on June 06, 2006 at 05:23:17:

Don’t forget the beach - makes a big difference as far as I’m concerned. Also, a lot more older homes than in Atlanta. SHerman did a number on ATL.

Michaela

Re: Any of you regulars in JAX? - Posted by matx

Posted by matx on June 07, 2006 at 20:28:32:

Did they say why???

Posted by michaela-FL on June 08, 2006 at 07:31:11:

I assume you have to be jaxreia member to join that yahoo group. But then you said, that you’re not a member.

To be honest, I’m getting kind of fed up with that REIA.

I tried to go to their Arlington networking group Tue morning and it turns out they had the wrong address on the website. When I called the office asking about it, I was chastized for even having tried to go to the meeting without yet being a member. I explained, that I had missed the last meeting, because I had only just arrived in town. I wanted to go to the Arlington meeting to get some feedback about the REIA and that I had wanted to join. It was made very clear, that I could not even go to even 1 of those meetings until I’m a member and that they’d definitley check on me.

I’m really wondering now whether it’s worth it to join. It doesn’t look as if they have a lot to offer other than networking, and considering that their membershipfee is hiegher than Atlanta’s, who has a lot of services for the money. Let’s just say I’m not really impressed with them based on the experiences that I’ve made so far.

Michaela