Any PreFab success stories? - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by Tyrone on September 24, 2003 at 20:51:37:

Do you know of anyone who has successful built and solda Pre-Cut house?

The city government where I live have several hundred lots they will give away if you will build a house on the lot. The reason they give these lots away is because of the property tax that will be paid yearly on the property.

So, I would like to build Pre-Fabs on those lots for profit.

Any PreFab success stories? - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by Tyrone on September 23, 2003 at 23:24:35:

I’m looking at selling PreFab houses for profit, are there any sucess stories or advisors on this form of REI?

Re: Any PreFab success stories? - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on September 24, 2003 at 12:36:04:

Tyrone,
You might want to define “prefab” for us.
I think I know what you mean, but I’m not sure.
For me, the term, “prefab” is the type of house that is basically assembled on site, but built prior, in a factory or some such place.

Is this what you are talking about?

Clarify and answers should be forthcoming.

Take care,
Jim FL

Yes, Jim that’s exactly what I’m talking about. - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by Tyrone on September 24, 2003 at 13:11:37:

Have you done a deal like that one before?

Re: Yes, Jim that’s exactly - Posted by keith hutson

Posted by keith hutson on September 24, 2003 at 19:07:08:

I think considering a pre-cut home is better. Materials tend to be a little better, materials are cut and parts assembled in a factory then built on site. Pre-fab homes are basically built in a room by room or several rooms at a time then put together on site. Pre-cut homes are built the same as any stick built home, however they build so many to a particular plan thus eliminating a lot of waste. I have been to a plant or two and been really impressed with the quality and they tend to appraise like any other standard home.

KHutson

okay - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on September 24, 2003 at 13:24:09:

Tyrone,
Nope, never tried it.
If I were someone who owned a lot of land, or perhaps had a need to build, I might check into it, as a time/money saving option.

I’d think the resale value would not be as high, compared to a traditionally built house, kind of like MH’s.

There are just too many houses already built for me to buy, therefore I’ve not ever built then resold, whether refab or regular.

Good luck in your search,
Jim FL