Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by Tammy

Posted by BTI on July 10, 2007 at 08:22:01:

Jen

She wanted a review, but she also didn’t want a course shill, and Phil was letting her know that he wasn’t a shill.

Most of these requests are really hoping for some course content and posts saying it was a good course or a bad course are only helpful if you have faith in the posters opinion. And, I don’t know Phil but his opinion is not something I would just disregard.

BTI

Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by Tammy

Posted by Tammy on July 10, 2007 at 07:07:59:

Am thinking about ordering the course but
would like to see some unbiased reviews
of the course (not by a board shill)

Re: Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by Steph

Posted by Steph on July 12, 2007 at 13:57:49:

Hi, just curious, what’s the difference between the Blue Pen Flip and another wholesaling courses (such as Vena Jones-Cox’s)?

Is the BPF course not really what you’d consider “true” wholesaling?

Thanks for your help.

When a problem comes along … - Posted by Chad (MD)

Posted by Chad (MD) on July 12, 2007 at 09:07:35:

When a problem comes along,

Blue Pen Flip it.

Before the cream sits out too long,

Blue Pen Flip it.

When something’s going wrong,

Blue Pen Flip it.

Now flip it …

Flip it good.

Blue Pen Flip findings - Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy

Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy on July 10, 2007 at 20:49:28:

Tammy - I can’t say whether or not – or how much – you might benefit from this course. Joe appears to have put a lot of time into developing it.

He has come to some of the same conclusions that I have in terms of what roles even moderately experienced dealmakers might play using his system. It’s an alternative to actually being a buyer and owning any properties, if one so chooses (that appeals to me).

Joe’s course offers a way of making money, by approach property owners in a non-traditional manner, protecting your potential profits with well-thought-out documentation, and a straight forward manner of implementing his system.

It could probably be used in most any state and I’m not aware of any existing statutory conflict(s).

His system could work well for those who want to flip but don’t want to act as a traditional wholesaler or rehabber. I’m a recovering rehabber myself. I’m also a recovering probate administrator.

Joe’s system is designed to make real estate profits while largely avoiding the inconvenience of having to own the property during the course of transaction.

While I won’t give away the basic premises, I can say that it is designed for someone who is prepared to make direct contact with owners and carve out a predetermined profit.

I think that this course is somewhat of a stand-alone system, although I personally would only add it to my existing systems, were it not for some concerns that I have for implementing it in my own enterprise.

Do I like the course? Mixed feelings, but mostly yes. This course goes a long way to help steer a newer or less-experienced investor to handsome profits, although I have not taken much away from the course that I plan to utilize.

Re: Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by bigbux

Posted by bigbux on July 10, 2007 at 20:10:49:

It’s funny how when someone ask a question about this course or some others, some people basically say “just buy it” or “if you have to ask about it, you’re not ready to do anything”, but when someone asks about buying a property, it’s advised to “do your due diligence”, “run all the numbers to make sure it a good investment, etc…” Why can’t the same philosophy be applied when buying one of these expensive courses? I am one the fence about buying this course also. I was hoping to get some unbiased info when I opened the thread, but… nothing. Thanks, for nothing.

Re: Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on July 10, 2007 at 15:51:34:

Unfortunately, all reviews are “biased”. How much you will get out of the course is based on (1) what you already know going in (courses that enhance what you come to the table with often get better results), (2) what you want to achieve (for example, a course on flips won’t do as well for buy and hold investors as a course in property acquisition and management), (3) how ready you are to try and apply what you’ve learned. So when determining if a course will work for you, be a “good consumer” and make sure you know what you want to accomplish and are ready to accomplish (shelf knowledge ages rapidly).

wrong question… - Posted by BigV

Posted by BigV on July 10, 2007 at 09:57:35:

you are asking wrong question.

Before ordering the course, any course, you want to ask YOURSELF first what are you willing to do to get a deal? Are you willing to learn the market by visiting 100+ homes in your area, tracking asking price, sold price, condition, etc…?

If you are not already doing it, you need to ask yourself 'WHY AM I NOT learning my market"? Otherwise, this course will be collecting dust along with your other courses.

Secondly, what do you expect from the course? Some people order course to make them feel better. Instead of acting on the information they already know, they order the course FEELING that getting one more course will solve all their problems and will light their path to millions.

This won’t happen without HARD work and dedication… Be realistic…

Re: Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by Penny

Posted by Penny on July 10, 2007 at 07:57:01:

The value of this or any training course is directly proportional to how you apply the knowledge gained. If you are ready and willing to act, it could be money well spent.

Even a $10 book bought at any book store is a waste if it sits on your bookshelf unused.

Re: Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on July 10, 2007 at 07:30:47:

If you are refering to me as a shill, I’ve got 30 years of real estate investing experience, bought numerous properties, have contributed freely of my time on this site for 10 years, seen a number of real estate courses so I think I know what I’m talking about.

Sounds like you might want to pass on buying the course if there is any doubt in your mind.

LOL… - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on July 12, 2007 at 12:36:20:

whatever happened to good ol’ Devo?

Michaela

Re: Blue Pen Flip findings - Posted by bigbux

Posted by bigbux on July 11, 2007 at 15:11:29:

Thanks for taking the time to respond! That definitely helps me, and I hope others too.

Re: Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy

Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy on July 10, 2007 at 21:13:35:

If $600-700 is a lot of money for a course to you (and it would have been an awful lot when I was new to the business back when Carter was in office), then I’d be tempted to steer you towards other courses first; one’s that give a clearer idea of the concept up front, i.e., “Smart Trust Deed Investments” or “How to Use Use Real Estate Options” or “1031 Exchange Profits.” These are easy to review and easy to comment on their organization, comprehensive content, easy of use, etc.

I can’t say what areas that you’d benefit from, nor is it my business to do so, however I can’t help but to say that this course could be dangerous in the wrong hands if implemented indescretely, due to the methods and techniques used to protect profits.

I think that your comments are very valid for most all real estate (maybe ALL) courses. This particular course doesn’t seem to fit the mainstream and utilizes some very unusual practices.

I still attend an average of one seminar every month, as long as each seminar is content-rich and pragmatic. I avoid the dream merchants, guru-wannabees and promoters.

That said, this course doesn’t fit any normal R.E. category. It’s classically Kaiseresque (Joe, not Wilhelm). [You’ll see what I mean if you buy…]

Same for written and audio courses that I purchase. Joe’s a stand-up kind of guy and truly knows his stuff. I’m sure that I’ve got on his nerves at least once or twice by way of checks and balances. When I lead a revolt of attendees at a program several years ago, he did the right thing and turned lemons into lemonade.

Since none of us likely write for the TV Guide, I doubt if you will be getting chapter by chapter reviews of this or any other course. On the other hand, you can glean a lot from asking leading questions like: “What did you like best about that course?” or, “Would you recommend it to a friend?”

I like the way Joe builds up to the problems and explains how this course addresses and solves those problems by using his system.

This is one of those courses that I would only recommend to someone that has at least a little R.E. experience, but not to either a fresh newbie or a salty dog like me.

Re: Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by jeff-nc

Posted by jeff-nc on July 10, 2007 at 10:11:41:

Penny-

I see this type of response a great deal when someone asks for an opinion on a book/course. I think it goes without saying that any book or course is only good if you use the info. What the person asking the question wants to know is how does the info compare to others, is it current, is it just rehashed, does it just go over common knowledge stuff, etc. There are some books that are not as good as others…that’s what Tammy is asking.

Re: Any unbiased reviews of Blue Pen Flip? - Posted by Jen

Posted by Jen on July 10, 2007 at 07:45:56:

Great post Phil! But I believe she asked for a course review, not your bio.