Anybody doing Mechanic Lien's ? - Posted by Ruby (Ohio)

Posted by Adam King on July 03, 2002 at 24:42:01:

Hey Joe,
Thanks. Now that I think of it, I do remember something about this that I may have read some time ago. I have been so tied up in trying to do what’s “Normal” that I have lost track of the real creative stuff.
So tell me, what “Don’t” you have a course on? LOL
Adam
PS I’d like to meet you some day just to prove to myself that you are real! :slight_smile:

Anybody doing Mechanic Lien’s ? - Posted by Ruby (Ohio)

Posted by Ruby (Ohio) on July 02, 2002 at 12:32:17:

I am interested in starting to do Mechanic Lien’s and was wondering if anybody was doing them. Thanks

Ruby

Making money on Mechanic Lien’s ? - Posted by Adam King

Posted by Adam King on July 03, 2002 at 08:54:39:

Okay, now that we’re on the right track yes, I believe that you can make money on them. (Not totally sure how, but I can see it happening) Now I understand what Joe was saying. At first the question didn’t make much sense to me since I am always on the other end of the liens. (Making them)
So, if someone offered me even half of what these people neglected to pay me, I would accept it in the blink of an eye if I had to wait long enough. Most of the time when you get to the point of having to put a lien on a home, it’s because the owner had, or will never have the intention to pay you and has thrown every letter you and your attorney have sent them to collect away. What happens next is that you can either foreclose, (which is a headache if the amount of money isn’t worth it) or you can wait until they sell or loose the home themselves. In the latter, this can mean that they don’t have the money any way and you’re waiting for someone else to offer it to you. In this case you made the right decision by getting educated with the mechanics lien system. I am sure the materials you purchased will make themselves useful in the future.
Hope this helps,
Adam

Weird Question… - Posted by Adam King

Posted by Adam King on July 02, 2002 at 22:13:12:

Uh…you make it sound like you could make money at it. lol
Yes, as a matter of fact I put one on home just yesterday. What do you want to know?
Adam

Re: Weird Question… - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on July 02, 2002 at 23:50:25:

Adam,

You obviously haven’t seen my Mechanic’s Lien course. Mechanics liens are the best “bad paper” out there. If you know what you’re doing, they can be optioned for next to nothing, purchased at fifty cents on the dollar, and negotiated with the debtor into cashflow with returns in excess of 1000%.

Took me awhile to figure it out too.

Joe