Anybody have Country Rental Property? - Posted by Lana Smeenk- Texas

Posted by SusanL.–FL on March 09, 2001 at 15:05:20:

…getting out from under the rentals and offering owner finance. Kenny and I were sorry we didn’t do it years sooner–BUT! That’s how ya learn in this biz.

No more calls to fix this, replace that… If the roof leaks, it’s THEIR problem.

The monthly payments are made on time and the properties are taken care of.

Have a nice weekend, Dee.

Susan

Anybody have Country Rental Property? - Posted by Lana Smeenk- Texas

Posted by Lana Smeenk- Texas on March 07, 2001 at 13:23:30:

Hi, I’m a newbie, but would like to have feed back on buying rental property with small acreage in the country. From experience as a renter myself, these properties are hard to find to rent and bring premium prices, therefore, as an owner you shouldn’t have much trouble keeping them rented- How would you rate this type of investment versus single family residential? Also the appreciation seems to be there in addition to good cash flow, unless I’m missing something. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Anybody have Country Rental Property? - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on March 07, 2001 at 20:45:40:

I’ve had them, one word of caution is that many tenants don’t want to cut acres of grass. For that matter neither do I.

Re: Anybody have Country Rental Property? - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 07, 2001 at 16:37:06:

Hello Lana,
I’ve had two properties in the county and I L/O them, not rent. Just because I don’t like to tie up that amount of property in a rental. A property that has a little acreage and a home will bring PREMIUM price to sell on a L/O. You get good upfront money and then payments every month for years and years and they take care of all the headaches.
I have very few rentals anymore. I L/O or owner finance everything I have.
Best success,
Dee-Texas