Anybody in eastern NC doing rural L/H deals? - Posted by Jennifer-NC

Posted by Lin (NC) on May 03, 2007 at 05:54:09:

I looked into doing what you’re talking about with modulars in particular, in Maggie Valley and saw there was definitely potential to make money. Who knows how strong the market is going to remain there since so much of that market is driven by second home purchases. Go look at some stuff that’s on the market, and then find out what it’s selling for versus what it comes on the market for. Talk to local knowledgeable agents about the market conditions, talk to modular and mobile home dealers about who is doing what you want to do in your area, and if they’re making money. Do some research in the form of leg work and you’ll get a sense of whether it’s profitable.

Lin

Anybody in eastern NC doing rural L/H deals? - Posted by Jennifer-NC

Posted by Jennifer-NC on May 03, 2007 at 24:23:08:

There are a few nice lots for sale close to me, out in the country. There are several doublewides in the area. I can get the lots with 10% down financed by my credit union, I’ve got enough extra cash to buy a couple of them to start with. Is anybody over here making any money by putting new doublewides or modulars on rural land and selling the package? I’m interested in doing this, but not quite sure if it’s profitable here.