anybody know this guy ->John Ulmer - Posted by jabash

Posted by Jerrold on September 13, 2003 at 12:51:33:

Craig,

First of all I’m a full time investor and part time loan officer. I own several rental properties, I’ve done several subject to deals that I have on lease options, I’ve done several flips, and I’m building my second spec home. So, does that answer your question ???

The boot camp thats being offered by John Ulmer is how to attract Private Lenders and how to put your business on auto pilot. I’m trying to take my business to the next level.

Even though I done plenty of deals I still invest in education, thats a part of my business plan. I know you didn’t know this but now you know. As and investor I think everyone should have a plan and on going education should be a part of it.

So, I asked the question about the boot camp because I want to invest my education dollars wisely.

How many houses have you bought ?

anybody know this guy ->John Ulmer - Posted by jabash

Posted by jabash on September 11, 2003 at 24:48:57:

Has anyone been to John Ulmer’s boot camp ? If so how would you rate it ? I’m considering going. I don’t have a problem with paying for education but would like to know more about his credentials other than his own informercials.

Re: anybody know this guy ->John Ulmer - Posted by Martin Greenberg

Posted by Martin Greenberg on September 12, 2003 at 04:21:43:

Dear jabash:
I too heard John Ulmer at a Ron LeGrand bootcamp. I have also heard him on Vena Jones-Cox’s radio program. John is a good speaker and very knowlegable. Appearantly he is the largest landlord in Toledo, Oh and does about 300 houses a years! He and his organization is a marketing machine.

Re: anybody know this guy ->John Ulmer - Posted by Dennie

Posted by Dennie on September 11, 2003 at 18:16:33:

I spent about one half of one day listening to him at a Ron LeGrande boot camp on Private Money. I was very impressed.

Re: anybody know this guy ->John Ulmer - Posted by Kathi (OH)

Posted by Kathi (OH) on September 17, 2003 at 19:03:41:

What Martin said is true. IU have not gone to one of John’s bootcamps. However I have heard him speak on numerous occasions. His company DOES do over 300 houses per year. They also occasionally do a small multi. He occasionally gets bad press in the Toledo area because some of his deals go bad because the buyers fail to pay, etc. He does, mostly, landcontracts to people who would otherwise not qualify for financing. He makes most of his money as a REI. The speaking gig is a side Biz.

John has recently donated a SFH to the Real Estate Investors Association of Toledo. We plan to use it as a teaching laboratory for our members. We hope to rehab the home befor the holidays and then auction it to raise funds for the Northwest Ohio Food Bank. So far, we have attracted a variety of corporate sponsors and vendors who have agreed to donate building supplies, labor, and PR.

Re: anybody know this guy ->John Ulmer - Posted by jabash

Posted by jabash on September 12, 2003 at 22:20:35:

Good, I’ve decided to go to his boot camp at the end of this month, Thanks to everyone who replied. I’ll let you guys no how it turned out. My education plans are to go to 1 boot camp per year and buy about $500 of educational material.

Plan to buy any houses? (NT) - Posted by Craig (IL)

Posted by Craig (IL) on September 13, 2003 at 09:06:26: