Anybody making a six figure income in real estate? - Posted by Kevin-Baltimore

Posted by kf_az on January 29, 2000 at 21:28:27:

Kevin,
There are many people making 6 figures in Real Estate investing. But, I would also make a comparison to the fact that there are some teachers(ivy leage university professors) making 6 figure incomes. I don’t know what percentage of each profession makes 6 figures…my point is it depends on alot of variables. I believe perserverance and willingness to learn are the 2 biggest ingredients to being successful in RE investing. As a teacher, I’m sure you can appreciate this concept. You rarely can pick up one course and go out and make a six figure income. However, build a solid foundation as in any business and the sky’s the limit. As far as lease optioning vs. wholesaling…I would say much has to do with some of the dynamics of your local market. For example, here in Phoenix, it’s a seller’s market right now. The good deals are elusive but still attainable. Since deals are harder to come by, the volume necessary to make 6 figures while wholesaling will be tougher than in some other markets. Tougher yes, impossible no. I’m sure some of the more experienced investors can add to this…just some food for thought. Good luck and keep coming back here for part of your curriculum.
k.f.

Anybody making a six figure income in real estate? - Posted by Kevin-Baltimore

Posted by Kevin-Baltimore on January 29, 2000 at 19:59:10:

I recently resigned from my teaching position in Baltimore. I plan to pursue real estate investing full time. What I would like to know is what is the best way to surpass my teaching income of $32,000 this year? Should I focus on Lease-Options or Wholesaling, or both? I would appreciate any comments or advice.

By the way, is it possible to actually earn a six figure income in this business and is anyone really doing it?

Thanks,

Kevin-Baltimore

It’s been a long time since anyone in the Reichman family made that little. - Posted by GL

Posted by GL on January 30, 2000 at 12:40:19:

Not to mention the Trumps.