anybody met Carleton Sheets personally? - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Sharif on February 22, 2001 at 14:10:38:

Hi Floyd,

I’m at the same position as you were years ago. I’m still a skeptic, especially about buying the properties and not being able to pay the mortgage when they are vacant.

Since you are fairly recent in your purchases, would you mind sharing your experience? How did you go about financing? I currently have a mortgage on my home and most likely I will NOT be approved for another loan.

Let me know!

anybody met Carleton Sheets personally? - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on January 05, 2001 at 07:55:02:

Has anybody ever met with Carleton Sheets? What is he like? I am a somewhat successful investor (compared to his best on the infomercial) and I wrote to him twice and all I got was a form letter from a marketing company saying to send a video tape. All responses welcome.

Re: anybody met Carleton Sheets personally? - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on January 09, 2001 at 17:20:51:

A few years ago, a contributor to this forum was on the Sheets informercial, Joe Viscosel, or something like that. I don’t know if he still contributes to the group or has moved on, but he was really there. I have also heard that Sheets wasn’t Sheets at all, but an actor hired to play Sheets. That Sheets was a figure in advertising, like Betty Crocker. I’m one of Sheets more successful students, too, but there’s no way I want to be seen by millions of his students. Don’t forget what Sheets wrote about being known as the OWNER of a dwelling and not just the MANAGER.

Tim

Re: anybody met Carleton Sheets personally? - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on January 09, 2001 at 19:54:49:

I spoke to someone from the informercial about a year ago and he met Carleton himself. He had nice things to say about him. As far as an actor I didn’t get that impression from him.

Re: anybody met Carleton Sheets personally? - Posted by stephen snyder

Posted by stephen snyder on January 14, 2001 at 21:54:41:

yes. the guy is real as sunshine. smokes a lot. but what you see on the infomercial is what you get in person. top notch guy.

He is as real as they get - Posted by Laurieann

Posted by Laurieann on January 22, 2001 at 10:06:02:

My husband and I are currently on the infomerical and on the confidential conversations tape series regarding mobile homes. He is very friendly, down to earth and really takes an interest in what you have to say. We filmed the infomercial in Fla, had to show documented proof of our success and we met and networked with the other couples on the show. It was a great experience.

Re: He is as real as they get - Posted by Martin

Posted by Martin on January 31, 2001 at 08:45:00:

Thats awesome! I’m glad to hear that your all real people and not fakes! A pastor friend of mine signed up a few years ago with some one elses course, and when they found out he was a pastor, they offered to come out and help him buy property if he would appear on there show and tell them he did it himself, so I have been a little leary about these course’s especally after my wife bought “power wash”:slight_smile:
But after going training for my license I can see now that this is a legitamite program, but it is still nice to hear from people who have successfully used his or anyones course, especially someone who has appeared on there infomercials

Re: He is as real as they get - Posted by Floyd Jones

Posted by Floyd Jones on February 05, 2001 at 11:56:43:

This is a great conversation. One of my goals is to tell my story on one of Carlton’s informercials. So far I have bought two properties using Carlton’s no money down technique. I watched his show for years before actually making the investment. I wish that I hadn’t been so skeptical. I would probably be rich by now. That’s hind sight for you. Remember the name because I plan to be on the show. Thanks & good luck to you all.