Anybody use Microsoft Word? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Mark LaNore on January 13, 2001 at 10:50:28:

Charity -

Are you attempting to send a mail attachment as a post on this message board or are you attempting to send an attachment from your email program you are using?

If you are attempting to send an email attachment as part of this message board, it doesn’t appear that task can be accomplished.

If you are using a mail program, such as Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express, then you should have additional links in the send drop down that says mail receipient (as attachment) within the MS Word program unless your version of MS Word is very old (4.3 or older).

Newer versions of Word (Office 95/97/2000) should accomadate this feature.

Short of that, if your email program is not one from Microsoft (Netscape Navigator built-in email or the like) then my suggestion would be to save the Word document as a file (remembering where you saved it), then compose your email message in your email program and then find the “insert mail attachment” feature. This will prompt you to locate which file attachment you want to include with the email. Go to that directory (sorry, folder in Windows 95/98/ME/NT 4.0/Windows 2000)and locate the file in question and attach it. It should then show up as an icon in the mail message you’re composing.

If you have any other questions regarding this, don’t hesitate to ask me.

Mark
First Pacific Group
Portland OR
info@fpg2k.com

Anybody use Microsoft Word? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on January 13, 2001 at 10:16:21:

This is sort of off topic. I need to send an attachment in Word related to REI (so I thought I would ask here!) My Word program is from 1999 (that’s when I bought the computer anyway) and it doesn’t seem to give the option to turn something into an attachment. Under File, it says “Send” but then the only option is to a Fax Recipient and I need to send this info as an email. Can anyone walk me through what to do?

Charity