Anyone bought REO from Chase Manhattan Mortgage? - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on February 01, 2001 at 16:55:40:

interesting, thanks for the advice.

do you have a name or extension # of any person in their REO Dept. (Columbus OH)?? Like I said, they do not accept incoming calls generically addressed to the “REO Department”, but I figure if I had a name of someone I might be able to get thru that way.

Or did you just do everything in writing like they ask? I’m thinking of writing up an offer and sending it Fed Ex along with my hard money preapproval letter and verification of (minimal) earnest money…

NT

Anyone bought REO from Chase Manhattan Mortgage? - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on January 31, 2001 at 14:14:14:

They own a property near me that I plan to make an offer on, and I was wondering if anyone has dealt with any particular person there or had any advice or suggestions. I spoke to someone in their loan servicing department who indicated that the REO department does not accept incoming phone calls - offers are accepted only in writing. Has anyone gotten Chase Manhattan Mortgage to accept an offer? If so, how were your dealings with them?

NT

Re: Anyone bought REO - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on February 01, 2001 at 12:16:00:

Bought one of their props in Wv.about June of 2000 they close fast will reject first offer and counter, have 3 of theirs at this time.
All closed within 30 days, 1 was a prop,they had to pay $424 bucks with my offer to close to pay the taxes!