Anyone Doing Student Housing? - Posted by Kip Hamilton

Posted by David Butler on February 20, 2007 at 12:57:27:

Hello Kip,

This question is actually better suited for the Main Discussion Group where Real estate investing is the primary focus, as you’ll generally tend to get more input…

However, some brief observations here might hopefully help - and in the first instance you would have to look to the local market itself; then to your own objectives. The overall operating premise is “Find A Need And Fill It”! :slight_smile:

If I am renting to students of Sierra College up at Incline Village (on the shores of Lake Tahoe) during the school year - if the property is suitable, and it meets with my objectives otherwise - I might consider posting the units for “hostel” type occupancy, or other types of summer vacation types users… so far as practical (i.e. financially worthwhile one way or another).

What are the options where YOUR property is?

How suitable is your propert for these options, or any one of them?

Can you easily “Do It Yourself” in terms of marketing and filling the units?

Are there satisfactory property management companies or other rental agencies that can handle the job of putting tenants in the units?

Are there satisfactory property management companies who can handle the whole operation - or do you want to handle the physical aspects yourself?

Really study your own back yard, and your own comfort zone, to come up with the best answer for what to do with your units. And best wishes for your success at coming up with a winning solution!

Have Fun For A Living

David P. Butler

Anyone Doing Student Housing? - Posted by Kip Hamilton

Posted by Kip Hamilton on February 20, 2007 at 11:24:00:

If so, what do you do with the units during the 3 summer months?

Thanks!

Kip