Anyone ever do a sub2 when seller has agent? - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Joel on March 07, 2002 at 14:44:00:

well, Carleton Sheets speaks about this, he advises to reserve the right, to be presence when the agent presents the offer to the buyer. and you say then, here is why i think it might be good for you. however, most listings expire after a period of 6 months so you might get a hold of the seller and say, when your listing with your broker expire contact me, give a reason why you do this , because your broker wants only his commission so he will block any offer that is not best for him. you say this in a very worm friendly way in order the owner will listen to you.
good luck
Joel

Anyone ever do a sub2 when seller has agent? - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Aaron on March 07, 2002 at 13:56:48:

I would imagine most seller’s agents would try to convince the seller not to take the deal. Especially since the agent himself probably isn’t quite as motivated as the owner.

There’s a property that I’ve been eyeing in my subdivision that’s been for sale for 6 months or so. It’s a brand new house where the owner got transfered after having lived in it only one month. Recently, I’ve noticed a “reduced” tag on the signed, so I’m thinking that the seller might be getting a little more motivated.

How would I approach the agent in this case? I may be willing to sub2 the house and pay off the agent myself, but I’m not sure what’s standard in this case.