Anyone familiar with Scott Rister? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Tom-FL on July 07, 2003 at 07:11:26:

Well, I don’t have any of his “paid” stuff, but if the freebies he posts here and there are any indication, I’d say it’s a safe bet to go ahead and purchase.

Anyone familiar with Scott Rister? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on July 05, 2003 at 12:09:37:

Hello: I saw an ad for a probate course by Scott Rister and wondered if anyone had any knowledge of it/him?

my 2 cents - Posted by Brian(MD)

Posted by Brian(MD) on July 06, 2003 at 13:56:04:

I have both Scott’s Wholesaling Course, and his Marketing course (find all the motivated sellers you can handle).
The wholesaling course is not as complete as I wish it had been. Seemed to lack some nuts and bolts details that seemed important to.
His Find All The Motivated Sellers You Can Handle course is much better. It’s about the premeir direct marketing course out there for finding sellers themselves vice going through a realtor.
I don’t know much about his Probate course, as I’m focused on the Wholesaling/Rehab business to get into.
Scott is a great guy himself who answers every e-mail I send him personnaly. I think he’s a great person who write quality material.

Re: Anyone familiar with Scott Rister? - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on July 05, 2003 at 21:30:33:

Jeff,
I have had the pleasure of reading some materials by him, as well as a few posts in online forums and articles about rei.

I also remember the cost of his course materials was not that bad either.

I don’t think you can go wrong looking over his stuff.
I’m not saying it is the best, or the worst, just good stuff.
Every course has its value, even if you only take one little thing and make money with it, over and over, the course easily pays for itself, no matter who the author is.

I say, if he has a course that covers a topic of interest for you, go ahead and get it.

Good luck,
Jim FL

Re: Anyone familiar with Scott Rister? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on July 06, 2003 at 24:28:18:

Thank you for prompt opinion. Anyone else have any experience with Mr. Rister’s material?

Re: Anyone familiar with Scott Rister? - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on July 07, 2003 at 20:05:16:

I have his marketing, wholesaling and probate courses.

He seems to be a solid guy, but I found the constant spelling, grammatical and syntax errors quite irritating.

Also, his writing style is extremely “conversational” so some of what is written doesn’t really make sense when you read it literally.