Anyone from Dallas? - Posted by Todd Eisgruber

Posted by Jack on January 29, 2001 at 22:37:41:

Hello Carl,

Check out Bonham. The south-side is bound to be renovated in the future if the City does not want to lose tax revenue. I live outside the city, as close to the Oklahoma border as I could get :slight_smile:

We deal mostly in raw acreage for development. However, there are lots of deals in the smaller towns on houses.

At present, I’m tied up on a deal on the other side of the Red River, but if you want, we’ll connect in the future.

The economy. That’s going to be looked at closely as time moves on. I personally think the economy will take a sharp dive in the next few months. We’ll see what happens. —Jack

Anyone from Dallas? - Posted by Todd Eisgruber

Posted by Todd Eisgruber on January 21, 2001 at 08:51:07:

I saw Carleton’s ad on TV this morning for about the 100th time, and I was surprised to see he was still around, but it got my wheels turning (again).
After all of these years he is still around, while all of the others have fallen by the wayside. After searching the internet for information on the course, I find there are LOTS of people who are not only doing this, but are doing well at it. So I am ready to drop down my $180 to get my start in this field.
I know there is a lot of work involved, and that it is not a get rich quick scheme, and personally that makes me more confident knowing that it’s not. it always seems that money that gets made quick, gets lost quick.
What I need to know before I get into this is:
Does it work in the Dallas area?
Are there any laws regarding this type of thing that I should be aware of?
Any info from anywhere is appreciated, but people in the Dallas TX area are doubly thanked!!
Todd

Re: Anyone from Dallas? - Posted by Anthony Johnson

Posted by Anthony Johnson on February 11, 2001 at 12:26:38:

My wife and I are thinking about purchasing the CS course but we are very skeptical because not sure if it is a scam like all the rest…Can anyone in the Dallas area tell us the good, the bad and the ugly about the NO MONEY DOWN system.

Thanks,
Anthony

Re: Anyone from Dallas? - Posted by Jerri

Posted by Jerri on January 22, 2001 at 23:06:07:

I’m in Irving and bought Carleton’s course. I have submitted 2 offers - both of them turned down - however, Carleton says to make LOTS of offers, not just two. SO I’m gonna keep on going. I also attended an AIREO meeting in Dallas back in Novemeber…I think it’s a good place to make contacts. I think they are right: just do it! There are a lot of houses in DFW and why shouldn’t we hustle and get some of the money. Good luck!

Re: Anyone from Dallas? - Posted by frank /dallas

Posted by frank /dallas on January 21, 2001 at 12:35:25:

Hi Todd,I’m also from the dallas area, and wondering the same things you are. Have you tried joining a local real estate club in dallas? You can visit there web if you go back to the main page at CREonline, and click on local real estate clubs.It’s just a little bit of info. from someone in the same boat. frank

How about 80 miles north of you :slight_smile: - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on January 21, 2001 at 14:53:16:

Hello Todd, Frank, and Michel :slight_smile:

I’m originally from Irving (born there in 1948 :slight_smile: Actually in the old Parklin Hospital in Dallas (known as the Florence Nightengale Hosp., but no longer exists since they built the other one that handled Pres., Kennedy). We moved to Fannin County (30 miles east of Sherman) back in 1987. I certainly don’t miss all of the traffic and bustle of the big city; but hey, you folks are in a good location to work your REI business.

It really doesn’t matter where you live. Just look for motivated sellers, rehab deals, deliquent taxes, etc. AND ---- get out there and DO IT. No kidding. Get a feel for the business by DOING. Take a look at this board. All of these commentators are DOERS that give advice on here. They’re trying to help each other as well as the newcomers. And don’t forget to check out Creonline’s own line-up of course material. But whatever you do, don’t procrastinate. The DEALS to be had exist EVERYWHERE. Good luck friends! :slight_smile: —Jack

Re: Anyone from Dallas? - Posted by Michel Payette

Posted by Michel Payette on January 21, 2001 at 14:27:59:

Well, I’m from Arlington and I did jumped on the bandwagon after all these years. I purchased the program about 3 months ago and I’m still reading it. I also have attended a Real Investor group in Dallas called Aireo. Even if I’m still procrastinating, I believe the idea can work around here. Some great ideas for a newbie like myself. Good luck guys and let me know if I can help.

Re: How about 80 miles north of you :slight_smile: - Posted by Carl

Posted by Carl on January 28, 2001 at 10:58:20:

Jack, Hi nieghbor, I am having some success in your same area buying RE in the small towns located in north Collin and Fannin county. I have found that some towns like Blueridge and Trenton have little or no rental property available and that you can get $650 to $700 for a clean 2 bedrooon house in these locations. I would have an interest in talking with you about your experiences in this area, I also have some ideas and would like another investers opinion based on the local economy. Thanks…Carl